Chapter 9

Markus's voice echoed in your head as you tried to ignore it.

Of course, it did not work. Blocking the voice out only resulted in its coming back stronger, making you feel more conflicted.

You felt guilty. It took you longer than it should be to realize that androids are indeed alive, especially deviants.

For the longest time, you grew to dislike the deviants, for they attack humans due to the "bugs in their system". You always thought that Markus would be this... vengeful, bloodthirsty android who wished to be humanity's downfall. Yet... you have witnessed the exact opposite.

The past few days you have hunted down deviants. You hated them, yet in those said days you have felt... pity for them. You didn't know why. Perhaps it was because you have seen how they really are in person. Yes, their actions are unacceptable, but must that destroy your view towards the rest of deviants?

You sat on a box, pondering and thinking about what to do next. You came here in the first place to track Jericho down, but of course that was out of the question.

.... What now?

That's something you have been thinking about.

You could escape while Markus and the rest were out, but Jericho was like a maze. The only way out was to jump, and you knew that would bring suspicion upon the androids if you do.

You just sat there, obviously had nothing to do. It wasn't until a few hours later that Markus came back with a large group of androids. Most of them were injured, close to being shut down.

"What happened?" You stood up, surprisingly concerned for the androids.

"The humans attacked us." North said spitefully. "They didn't care that we're unarmed, they didn't care that we're protesting peacefully!" North turned to Markus, with eyes filled with rage as she crossed her arms. "I told you that peace isn't the way out when it comes to humans!"

"And I told you that it WILL work out eventually." Markus said, he seemed to be stressed.

"Humans don't care about us! They think that we're nothing but machines! It wouldn't help us if we're doing this peacefully!"

"And it certainly wouldn't help us if you're complaining." Markus spat. Ah, New love.

"I'm just trying to do what's best for Jericho!" These two lovebirds were basically having their first argument as a couple in front of you.

"By leading them into a bloody revolution? Please North, you're not helping!" Josh said, joining the argument.

"Ugh! You just don't understand! Humans are ruthless!" North turned to you, which made you tensed up. "You agreed, right?"

"I-I...uh..." You were speechless. You didn't know what to do or what to say. You glanced at Markus, hoping that he'll help you. He looked at you, with a look that made you knew he isn't going to help you sooner or later. "I...g-guess..."

"You guess? Do you not hate humans?" North looked at you suspiciously.

"U-Um...y-yeah, at times..." You couldn't make an eye contact with North.

"...." North went uncomfortably silent, you didn't know if she's unto you or not. You would've probably know by reading her expression, but you were afraid to look at North.

"I think its best to drop it for now. It has been a long day, we shouldn't be too stressed." Markus calmly said as he went in front of North, blocking her view.

"Right.." You heard North say before walking away. Markus sighed as be turned to you.

"You should get some sleep." Markus said, he pulled something out of his pocket and held it out to you. "I found some energy bars along the way. It's not much, but it's better than nothing." You gladly accept the energy bars as you thanked him. You went to a room where there are no androids, so that you can eat peacefully and sleep.