Frauds and Chambers

Karina's POV

The news that Dumbledore would be coming back spread like wild fire. Of course every house was happy except us Slytherins. Now it was back to fairness for everyone except us. I was dreading every second of it.

My nightmares have become worse also. Everyone single one feels so real. Like I'm there and feel every single pain and ache. Like I feel every fear. But the weird thing is that as soon as I wake up I forget every detail. It's like it happened and I was there then I wake up and everything is fine and back to normal. I just wish they would stop.

Hearing a thud, I'm snapped out of my thoughts.

"Hello. Pansy?" I look out the bathroom door to see nothing but darkness coming from the room. Both my legs shake as I walk closer and closer to the door. Glancing at the dark room, I decide to stop acting like a baby and see what the sound was. So I walk into the room and that's the last thing I remember.

========================================================================

3rd Person's POV

"All students to return to their House dormitories at once. All teachers return to the staff room. Immediately, please."

Echoing through the corridors came Professor McGonagall's voice, magically magnified.

Harry wheeled around to stare at Ron. "Not another attack? Not now?"

"What'll we do?" said Ron, aghast. "Go back to the dormitory?"

"No," said Harry, glancing around. There was an ugly sort of wardrobe to his left, full of the teachers' cloaks. "In here. Let's hear what it's all about. Then we can tell them what we've found out."

They hid themselves inside it, listening to the rumbling of hundreds of people moving overhead, and the staff room door banging open. From between the musty folds of the cloaks, they watched the teachers filtering into the room. Some of them were looking puzzled, others downright scared. Then Professor McGonagall arrived.

"It has happened," she told the silent staff room. "A student has been taken by the monster. Right into the Chamber itself."

Professor Flitwick let out a squeal. Professor Sprout clapped her hands over her mouth. Snape gripped the back of a chair very hard and said, "How can you be sure?"

"The Heir of Slytherin," said Professor McGonagall, who was very white, "left another message. Right underneath the first one. 'Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever.' "

Professor Flitwick burst into tears.

"Who is it?" said Madam Hooch, who had sunk, weak-kneed, into a chair. "Which student?"

"Karina Grey," said Professor McGonagall.

Ron felt Harry slide silently down onto the wardrobe floor beside him.

"We shall have to send all the students home tomorrow," said Professor McGonagall. "This is the end of Hogwarts. Dumbledore always said..."

The staffroom door banged open again. For one wild moment, Harry was sure it would be Dumbledore. But it was Lockhart, and he was beaming.

"So sorry- dozed off. What have I missed?"

He didn't seem to notice that the other teachers were looking at him with something remarkably like hatred. Snape stepped forward looking at Lockhart as if he could bury him ten feet down under.

"Just the man," he said. "The very man. A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Taken into the Chamber of Secrets itself. Your moment has come at last."