t w e n t y s e v e n

Start from the beginning

"wah... this is really delicious – he exclaimed, his lips filled with buttercream – my god. i love this combination. wanna try babe?" he asked, approaching a fork with a piece of a caramel cake with butter cream.

soon opened her lips slowly and tasted the cake. it was true, it was delicious but definitely not her taste. "hmm... - she said nodding – nice." she finally said.

in front of them was a three floor display of small cakes, all kinds, colors, shapes and flavors. kihyun took seriously the cake search. he spent almost a whole afternoon googling cake places, especialized in wedding and similar ceremonies.

he always took extra care when it came to these kind of things. he was the kind of man who knew exactly what type of flowers give to someone who just had a baby or what type of wine to a pair of newlyweds.

"altough i also liked the almond one... i think – he said tilting his head – i really liked the cherry one as well. i can't decide." he said taking another bite of the cherry cake. he closed his eyes after tasting it once more.

"god... just delicious – he turned to look at soon. she seemed lost in the sea of baby-sized cakes – babe what do you think? what's your favorite?" he asked.

soon took a few seconds to think he answer. truth be told, she was a big fan of cakes. she liked donuts better and ice cream. if it was for her, she'd give out donuts and ice cream for her wedding day. but it wasn't the social accepted thing to do. it was cakes instead and kihyun cared about details. he wasn't the type of man to give out donuts and ice cream on his wedding day.

"i like this one." she said pointint at a random carrot cake with imperial frosting. kihyun frowned, staring awkwardly at her odd chosing.

"are you... sure?" he asked. but she just shrugged.

soon knew these kind of things were important to him, probably more than it was for her. "i am not sure. i think also like the caramel one... i think maybe it'd be a good combination with the almond cake."

kihyun looked at her with sparkling eyes. she had nailed it. "definitely. i agree with you. seems like a perfect combination – he turned to look at the woman next to them – say no more. we're choosing caramel with almond."

even though she managed to pay attention in between sessions during their cake trial, her mind really traveled when he was trying shoes for the wedding day.

he tried around 30 different pairs in 5 or 6 different stores, but just as his desire to find the perfect pair of shoes remained, her thoughts about her patient did too.

hyungwon was the only thing in her mind during those moments.

the brief moments that kihyun would ask for her opinion about the shoes, she'd have to stop thinking about her patient to actually see his shoes and gave out an opinion about it.

she thought it was funny how important all these things seemed to be to kihyun and couldn't help but wonder if they also would be important to someone like chae hyungwon.

in that moment, she started fantasizing about him and how he'd be out there, in the society.

she wondered if he was the type of man who knew exactly what type of flowers to give out during funerals or what type of wine to gift to a man who was turning 50.

soon thought that hyungwon didn't seem to be that type at all. in fact, he didn't seem to be like kihyun at all. they were like two completely and separate different worlds.

they didn't look alike not even an inch. completely opposites.

naturally she wondered who'd fit the most with her personality. it was almost a default question she'd make every time she met someone. "is he or she compatible with me? will i feel identified with him or her?"