2

Your mouth dried up and mind went blank as you watched the gorgeous creature before you. It was most likely a uniform, but that black vest and blue shirt unbuttoned just low enough suited him too well.

While you struggled to compute a pair of arms came down on either side of you caging you against the bar, his chest brushing against your back.

"Whiskey, top shelf, neat and a Moscow mule for the lady."

You flinched and turned before catching the reaction of the green haired bartender.

"Sure." the nameless male replied.

"Jesus you can't just surprise people like that." you panted remembering how to breathe again.
"Surprise? You knew I was coming." Shanks smirked wrapping his arms around you and squeezing you tight.
"I mean yes, but you snuck up on me, idiot."
"You haven't changed a bit." he grinned stepping back to look at you, "Oh, except maybe that little silver streak." he reached up touching a thin river of silver that ran the length of your hair from your temple.
"Shut up." you smacked his hand away, "It's completely resistant to dye apparently."
"I think it's kinda sexy," he said lowly closing in on you again.

You blushed against your will.

"Your drinks." the bartender called regaining your attention.
"I'll open a tab," Shanks replied placing his credit card on the counter.
"No problem." the greenette muttered glancing at you again before taking the card to the back bar.
"You know that guy?" Shanks asked, tone dripping with interest.
"Nope." you answered quickly taking a sip of your beverage, "Want to get a table?"

Picking a small booth in the corner you sat across from each other. Shanks had pulled out his phone momentarily and you took that time to note little things that had changed for him as well. He was definitely working that scruffy look and his hair had grown out quite a bit. He hadn't lost any of that rambunctiousness that made him so adorable and annoying.

His onyx eyes trailed up from the device when he realized you were staring, a crooked grin tugged at his lips.

"Like what you see?"
"Shut up," you muttered glancing back toward the bar frowning slightly when you didn't see the handsome stranger.
"I don't remember you being this mean." Shanks pouted.
"It has been a long time, maybe you forgot in your old age." you chuckled.
"I'm not that old." he protested.
"Older than me." you chimed smugly, giggling at his childish reaction, "I guess I did miss your goofy face."
"You're impossible." he chuckled.

Two menus flopped down on the table startling you and drawing your gaze up to the bartender.

"A server will be with you shortly." he husked seemingly uninterested.

"Tha - nks." Shanks trailed off as the other male just walked away, "Not much of a talker that one."

You nodded following his form across the room with your eyes.

"I swear I know him from somewhere." he rubbed his stubbled chin, "Ah, I think he's friends with Luffy."

You almost audibly gulped and quickly recovered.

"How do you know Luffy's friends?"
"Oh, they help me with some warehouse work occasionally."

If that guy was really friends with your brother you had a good chance to see him again, and you weren't sure if that was good or bad.

Your evening with Shanks continued with casual glances toward the bar. It was terrible, but you didn't even feel bad about it as you watched your date's eyes dart after multiple shapely behinds swaying passed your table. At least you were only checking out one person, right?