Chapter 9

"Has she reported back?" A fancy dressed older woman inquired.

"Yesterday she did, but then I got cut off." Her worker replied.

A sigh filled the room.

"What has she said to you?" The woman wondered.

"Well she made friends with the Rangers," he told her, "and that she's understanding how they work and why humans are the way they are."

The woman adjusted her necklace.

"Good, but she needs to come home soon," she told him, "who knows what dangers lie ahead now that he has returned."

************

After preparing herself for the day, the yellow ranger headed downstairs. While fixing her crooked bracelet, she saw that one of her friends were already up. A bowl of cereal that had milk soaking it was on the table, along with a bottled water. It looked like it hasn't been touched. Maybe it was due to the fact that the person who made it was on their phone instead. He bit his lip as he scrolled down on the screen.

"Morning," Gia greeted as she walked inti the kitchen. The red ranger gave her a simple nod, "Not hungry?"

The leader shook his head.

"You know, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is my favorite." Gia brought up.

The aloof member of the team slid the bowl across the table. The blonde happily sat down and began to eat it. But after only a few bites, she looked over at her pal and raised an eyebrow.

"Are we going to have to play that game where I ask what's up and you sorta kinda vent to me so I won't go too deep into your business?" Gia questioned.

"Gia, I think we both know since I met you, you've always been in my business," Troy finally replied, "and if it's not you, then it's Jake."

Gia smiled and nodded, not denying that was simply true. She crossed her arms and rested them on the table.

"K so, what's up?" The perfectionist posed. The red ranger did not answer, "Might have something to do with someone saying that you're an unfit leader at twelve in the morning while they were practically trying to blow up the city in one night?" Gia guessed.

Her fellow comrade looked up at her and let out a short sigh.

"No." He told her, "If anything, he's exactly what Savannah said he was. That's why we have to figure out a way to take him down."

"How do we take down a psycho we've never faced and that apparently knows who we are?" Gia asked, "You know when we first met him, he captured me and knew our names. What else does he know?"

"Hopefully not a lot." Troy responded as he put down his device, "It would be super dangerous if he knew anything personal."

"Because then he could us that against us." Gia assumed.

"Pretty much." Troy replied.

"Are you two the early birds of the team now?" Both Rangers looked up from the table to see that the blue ranger had joined them. He went inside the fridge, grabbed an apple, and closed it.

"It's a three some now." Gia joked a little, "Welcome to the bird gang."