23

I had fallen asleep in Ethan's arms, sitting and waiting for news from my mom. I was slowly stirred awake by a hand nudging into me.

"Baby, he's stable. But he's sleeping. I think you need to go home. I'll call in school for both of you." I rubbed my eyes and sat upright.
"Ethan will you take her home? The spare keys are under the plant pot on the right of the door. Stay with her. If that's okay."

I saw him nod and I put my arms out.
"What's up?" Ethan asked me. "Pick me up." I mumbled. He stood infront of me and I jumped onto his back, resting my head against his neck.

"You smell good." I said against him. I heard his little chuckle as he made it out to the front desk.

"C'mon missus. Let's get you home." He jogged with me on his back, making me squeal a little.
"Slow down!"

"I wasn't even going fast Kay, don't freak." He dropped me down and I stood uncomfortably while he pulled his keys out.

"Whatever." I opened the door and climbed in, sitting with my feet up.

"Hey, I'm glad your dad is stable." He shut the door and looked at me.
I looked up at him and my heart fluttered. He had a small smile on him, the light shining down just on his face so it was all I could concentrate on.

"Me too. I just feel like it's my fault. I love him so much, but it sucks knowing that I must have lead him to this. I should have never told him to-"

"Baby."

"Ethan, don't call me that if you don't want to open up to me. It hurts, because you know I like you a lot and want to be with you."

"Let's do it." He threw out spontaneously. He started the car before I could forcibly question what he meant.

"What..?" He couldn't look at me but I knew he was smirking.

"I'm willing to be with you. I want to give it a chance."
I looked down and smiled to myself, maybe I do have hope.

___

He sat on my bed, controller in his hand. I had NBA 2k16, so I let him play it while I got ready for bed.

"You're pretty good." I walked in, tying my hair up in a bun and sitting next to him.

"I played it from time to time, but I'm more of an athletic, outdoors kind of person."

"I can tell." I looked at his abs and poked his stomach. He wiggled away, his eyes stuck to the screen.

"Babe, it's the end of the last quarter!" I just laughed and moved my body over his, sitting on his lap.

He moved his neck to see the screen, the controller high. I put my hands on his face and kissed his lips. He hummed and closed his eyes, pausing the game and putting the controller down.

"So you seriously wanted to keep me away from all your little friends then? Keep me to yourself? That's cute." I pecked his lips.

"It's not like that. I wanted to... understand you and what made you so-"

"Bitchy? Stubborn? Not able to take any of your shit?" I laughed at him as he frowned at me.

"Yes, I guess. But less bitchy than I've dealt with in the past."

I played with the hook of his belt, thinking.
"Something wrong?" He told me, sitting back on his hands.