10

"So you basically want me to be.. nice?! " I scoffed at him when he finished with his idea.
He nodded and I just rolled my eyes. "It's not as easy as that Grayson, you know that." He shook his head though.

"The problem is, it really is. He won't know how to react because he's lost the reaction he was looking for." I frowned, it was logical.
"I don't want to be nice. He doesn't deserve it." He didn't look happy about that, but I couldn't care less.

"Fine, let him continue bullying you. He'll just use you again and again." He was persistent though, sitting on a crate at the side of the room.
"GRAYSON! WHERE ARE YOU?" V's voice sung out. Grayson put his finger to his lips, rolling his eyes.

"I'm sick of her." He mouthed, making me laugh quietly. I grabbed a pack of cheetos, opening them and digging in. I offered him one and he got up, moving closer to grab some. I sat on the floor and he followed, dropping down.

"Why are you even with her if you're sick of her? Didn't seem like you were when you were practically eating each others faces last night." I tipped my head to the side, biting. He looked down and just chuckled in embarrassment, both his arms hooked on his crossed legs so they were raised.

"Uhh.. I guess I'm too scared to end it. I'm not like E. I've been dating her for 6 months now and I don't know.." I sighed and put my hand on his knee.
"If you're not happy, why waste your time? She deserves to know." I felt bad for him, he definitely was the polar opposite to Ethan.

"O-Okay. I'll do it." He looked up and smiled nervously. I nodded and grinned, glad. He began standing up and I blinked, taken back.
"Wait.. Now?!" I shot up and followed him. "I need to." I was about to stop him when we clashed into her, looking around for him.

"Where did you both run off to? The pantry?" I licked my cheeto covered fingers and readjusted my hair casually.
"Why is she licking her fingers.. and readjusting her hair?! Did you just cheat on me?" She breathed out. Yikes. She really was a bimbo.
"No, no! We were eating cheetos!" I turn the light off and stood behind him.

"Whatever. I was just wondering why you left me.." She moaned, trying to hug him. He stopped her and she moaned, needy.
"Vicky, I can't do this." So her name was Vicky? No surprise. "What?!" She stepped back. "You heard me. I'm not in love with you anymore. I-I can't do this." He looked down and shuffled slightly. She put her hand on his bare chest, in hopes to say something to make him change his mind.

"I think it's the best if you leave." I added over his shoulder, smiling sadly. She gave me a dirty look instantly, looking me up and down.
"Why are you even getting involved! Did you put him up to this?! You WHORE!" She spat, trying to jump for me, but Grayson stopped her.

"It was all me. Leave Vicky." He sighed, pushing her back lightly. She grumbled and stormed off resentfully without another word. When I heard the door slam shut and my mom call out for who it was, Grayson spun and gave me a hug.
"Thank you Kendra, you're amazing!" He was beaming, which was nice to see. I had never seen that from him before, which shows how the relationship was sucking the life out of him.

We walked back in and Ethan was casually flirting with my mom. Gross. He was helping her cook the eggs, and he put his head over his shoulder when we entered.
"We'll have to go after basically brunch, mom would go mental." My mom laughed at it, shaking her head.

"It's fine, I text her before. She said to come home when you want, but no later than 10." Grayson nodded and grabbed a glass of fresh orange juice, gulping it down. His Adams apple bobbed up and down and I couldn't help but watch, fascinated for some reason.

"What you staring at?" He smirked, swirling the remains of the juice at the bottom of his glass with a wrist motion.
"You." I admitted, walking to the plates of fresh food, grabbing one. "Hey! We're not done." My mom tried to take it off me and I grumbled, pulling it away anyway.