"Where are you?"I texted uncle Aaron.

Immediately my phone dinged, alerting me of a notification. "On my way Kiddo."

As I put away my phone, I felt a heavy hand on my shoulder. I spun around to face a guy about a few inches taller than me. He had spiked blonde hair. He looked like those rich kids who thought that they could pull of the bad boy look and that they looked like Greek gods. Oh how wrong they were.

I would have laughed, if I wasn't intimidated by the scary look in his eyes. He was tipsy and was using my shoulder as support.

"Hey beau..beau..beautiful," he slurred. Oh great! I was about to ignore him, when he groped me.

"Dude!" my eyes widened in shock, I lifted my hand to strike him which he caught. Now I was struggling to get out of his grip. 

"You turn me on so badly, baby" his eyes were now clearly filled with lust. I could feel his erection, which disgusted me even more.

"GO TO HELL!" I screamed at him. I kept crying for help but no one came. The struggle had cause some parts of my dress to rip. The sight probably turned him on even more. Disgusting bastard!

No!no!no! this couldn't be happening to me. It was supposed to be a fun night not a nightmare. I was tired of struggling but the adrenaline forced me to fight. It was fruitless fight, I could not even move an inch, he was too strong and too big. When I was about to give up, I felt his grip loosen and then it was gone.

"Stay away from my niece," I heard someone say in a menacing tone. I was barely holding on. I could barely make out the form of my savior. It was uncle Aaron! My eyes became wet and tears started streaming down my cheeks. I was crying out of relief.

Soon I was blanket-ed by a familiar warmth. It felt so good.

"You are safe now, kiddo," I heard my uncle whisper before I succumbed to the darkness and exhaustion .

PRESENT

After that incident, the kid was sent to juvenile center, while my parents enrolled me and Beth in a martial arts class. I was never banned from going to party as they believed I should not live in fear. I was so glad that, that night I did not protest or negotiate the timing with uncle Aaron. I couldn't even imagine what would have happened if he did not come at the nick of time.

Only on that fateful night, the demons had become too powerful. There was no one to save us.

I wish there was. All of this won't have happened. My family would have been intact and maybe even happy. The story would have been different.

The thing was my family's destruction did not immediately start after that night, no. Cracks had formed, but it could have been repaired. What caused the destruction was the regular visits to the court, being forced to bring up every single detail of that night, forced to re-live that night again and again. It did not let the wounds heal, it led doubt, blame and hatred seep into the relationships. It did not help that the court was not making it easy for us to punish the boy who ruined us. We had to face him everyday, he haunted our lives. The continuous reminder ruined us.

Through it all fate stood there watching and enjoying, maybe even feasting on popcorn.

Fourteen year old Evellyn

******

Hello readers,

So what do you think about this chapter? what do you think happened that night?

Before I bid thee farewell, I have a reminder as usual. The world is not all fairy tales. There are very bad people out there, some obvious while others hidden. Be careful and wary of them. If you suffer through any abuse (mental, domestic, physical, sexual, emotional), tell someone. Being quiet you encourage your abuser. I understand it is hard to go and seek help ], but do it for yourself, your family and for many others who could become his/her victim in the future. Take care of yourself, don't trust people easily, if necessary take self defense classes. [Safety tip: if a car is ever following you, run in the opposite side. So if the car is driving forward, turn around and run in the opposite direction. keep your phone charged]

That being said (it was a morbid but very important reminder), stay tuned for more. My next book The Pierced Heart will be published after The Sister Song (a snippet in the next chapter).

THANK YOU for reading. Add this book to your library or reading list to stay updated. 

Please do not forget to VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE! :)

Spread Love,

Thedreamer64