9.I am sorry

(SOUNDTRACK-HELLO BY ADELE)

CHAPTER NINE

Destiny is inevitable and so is mine.

I kept on shifting my sides the whole night in an attempt to welcome my slumber and as a result,I had dark circles under my eyes.Why is it so difficult to forget a certain incident despite not wanting to remember it in the first place.

Animals are luckier in that prospect.Average short-term memory span for animals is twenty seven seconds and dogs can only remember for two minutes. Isn't that great?Memories aren't biased.We feel better reminiscing the good ones and at the same time we wish we could erase the bad ones.

I kept snuggling to my pillow despite not being in sleep.That's a habit that I have cultivated over time.Despite not being in sleep,I like to stay on bed for a few more minutes or hours if there is no one to kick my ass and pull me away from my bed.In NYC my mom used to do that job pretty well,she is quite disciplined as her profession demands it.Being a Doctor was never easy for her and that always irked my dad.He always experienced the conflict between supporting his wife's demanding career and wanting to spend time with her.But he never complained and she never realised.

After pondering over a million random things,I finally got up when my phone rang and surprisingly it was my mom.Well according to a credence in India,if someone show's up or calls you while you are remembering them,they are said to live long.

"Don't tell me you are still on bed."I have always pondered over the thought of how well a mother knows her child.

"No-no."I wasn't lying.I was on my feet when I picked her call.

"Don't you have work,today?"

"It's six here,so practically I have three more hours left,"I informed.

"I can never argue with you."

"But you still try."I grinned.

"So how's Mumbai treating you?"

"It's good,"I said.

"What about the people there?"

"They are good too,most of them,"I add the last part.I can't tell her about Shivaay.She would have literally slapped him if she was me.She is quite a feminist.Don't mistake her for being a misandrist.She just hates the guts of men who think,they can oppress women by their masculine toxicity.

"Is there something you are not telling me? Just a few days back when I called,you sounded happy and cheerful.Is it about your internship?"

"Mom,stop worrying.Everything is fine.Even if it was not,I am capable of handling it."

"I know you are capable and self sufficient.I can't help worrying about you."

"Why don't you come over?You can see for yourself and that might help you ease your worries."I wanted to see her and spend some time with her.I missed her dearly.

"I wish I could come.There's a surgical trial and I am the one supervising it.As soon as my schedule clears,I will be there."She said.Unlike other careers,her job didn't offer that flexibility.