you

#StayFabulousMillie.

***

[unedited]

11. Gideon's Ex

"There will never be a heart that I could break; that I could find and take your place. There's nothing I can do. I can't get over you. Overnight, oh. I can't get over you. Overnight, oh. I should be sleeping," I stumble upon the carpets and straighten myself up, flipping my wavy hair back and forth through the air. I sing in sync with Parachute's 'Overnight' that is blaring from the loud speakers and stomp on the ground, doing an incredibly unpleasant impression of a rock star.

"Harry!" my mom's voice is muffled from the other side of the door of my room. "Harry!" I ignore her and resume singing. And then, the door opens, revealing my mother with the family phone. "HARRY! Will you please turn that goddamn speaker off? Gideon called. He's looking for you."

I take the phone. "Hey, loser," I say as mom leaves my room.

"Hey, dork," he says. "So anyway, Monday's coming up soon."

"And...?" I coax, uninterested.

"I'm attending your school!"

My eyes widen. "Seriously? That's great, man!"

"I know, bro! I'll probably come to your house every day."

"Great! I will find more time to annoy you!"

"How wonderful!"

"The sarcasm of this conversation is eating me alive. What's your point, any-" my throat suddenly dries. If Gideon starts to come to our school, he'll find out that his ex-boyfriend, Niall, is also studying at the same school. He'll know my reputation and the certain fact that I'm 'dating' his ex and also knocked up somebody. He'll completely tell on my mother and I'll be facing the wrath of Hell. That can't happen. Well, it can. I can't tell him to go somewhere else.

I hear Gideon calling for my attention, but rather I tell him I have to go and hang up on the phone call. Increasing the volume of the speaker and switching the song from Parachute to The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' 'Cat and Mouse', I lie on my bed and scratch my hair. It's been five days since Marisol and Gideon visited and it's also been five days since Niall's confession. There hasn't been a large progression on my reputation in our school and neither the gang nor Niall talks to me still. Whenever I reach the school building, someone will always stare at me as if I'm an alien. Others will talk behind me and most will just ignore me. That's it. I hate my life.

People from my school are just dexterous when it comes to being ignorant. They do a very good job on making someone sink in a pool of misery - seriously.

I try so hard to talk to Niall again, but he won't even respond to any of my text messages. One text doesn't even send successfully and I'm contemplating whether he has blocked my number or the signal is just low.

'HEY NIALL.'

'what's up???'

'ur not mad, right?'

'Talk to meeeeeee...'

'ok whatever'

'Just reply whenever you can, huuuuu?'

'Thankssss.'

'Take care...' - message cannot be sent. There's an error occurring to our system.

The next day, after the morning session of our church, I go home without Gemma and mom. Mom says that Gemma is staying over her friend's house while she's going to Aunt Helen to catch up. She doesn't even invite me and just go off. While I'm in our house, I watch a film and eat lunch. I take a nap as well and read a book. Well, I read the book for ten minutes until I put it down and get bored of it. See, I'm not the reading type. Books are too distant from me. Books are weird.