Mitch nodded, looking at Sub turning the corner into another hallway. "Man that guy is weird." He mumbled, running a hand through his hair.

-----------

(Elsewhere in the HQ)

Sky walked down a long hallway, shivering. He had just left a meeting with Jason on what to do about a suspected squid attack. The squids had been around a lot less lately.

Something had to be up. They decided the Stars were to be on the look out while the Sky Army and the Dead Army were to be equipped and ready for battle at any given time.

Jason had a space suit on that could protect him from the cold of space. Sky had a measly old gray and black stripped sweater and the cold was still biting through his skin.

He had his arms wrapped around his body tightly as he made his way back to his room alone. The boy thought he would get frost casing his eyelashes shut at any given moment.

"M-man, what's with the w-weather? It's f-freezing." He chattered. He wished he had put on another sweater or something, but it's not like he had one of those. It's usually sunny in Minecraftia. He never really thought he would need another sweater.

As he walked down the hall, he noticed footsteps behind him. Slowly turning around, he saw a newer officer in his base walk towards him with a soup cup in his hand. It was Sub.

Sub had been around long enough for Sky to get to know him (sorta). It's hard to do that when Sub doesn't talk. Sometimes he'd text them a message on his MPD (Minecraft Portable Device) but that's it. Sky actually enjoyed Subs company though. It's hard to explain. Sub was funny and cool to be around.

"S-Sub. What're you doin' over here? You're room is on t-the other side of the base." Sky questioned. Sub stopped on front of him and held out the hand he had the soup in, offering it. The steam was inviting to Sky.

He gently accepted it, happy for the warmth it gave his hands through the black gloves he wore. "Thanks Sub." He said with a smile.

Something in Sub constricted in him when he saw that smile. The way those perfect lips curved, the caring tone in his voice. Sub watched as Sky's eyes twinkled in appreciation.

It was too much. He wanted Sky so badly. But he was forced to swallow his feelings. He nodded as a "don't worry about it" gesture. He began to walk with Sky back to his room.

"Man that meeting was so boring and long." Sky complained as he stabbed through the noodles and twirled them around with a little plastic fork. "The squids are getting harder to read. They just aren't derpy anymore. They're smarter." He continued.

He popped the fork into his mouth. It was so cute to Sub to hear the determination in his voice. Sky talking as though he were the strongest man alive. It was adorable because Sub knew, if he tried enough, he could easily over power the squids without using half as much effort as Sky is.

Of course Sub wouldn't imply it. It was cute seeing Sky struggle so hard and letting this game of cat and mouse continue. Plus, he just had to stay on Sky's good side for the time being.

Soon, Sky and he had reached his room. "Hey, thanks for the soup Sub. I didn't think we had any left. I have a feeling you got this off of someone." Sky said with a smile. Sub scratched the back of his head and glanced to the side to show a "maybe I did" look. Sky laughed.

"Hey, you wanna chill here for a bit? The base is so huge, it'll take you at least 10 minutes to get back to your room for the night. Might as well make the most of your trip and chill here." Sky offered. Sub accepted and entered the room.

In the room, they watched some Attack on Titan. It amused Sub how the "Titans" so easily overpowered the humans and yet they weren't smart enough to know how to use their power or strength. Sky sometimes talked back to the characters on the tv as though they could hear him. Sub guessed it was a way he kept himself entertained.

After 2 hours of Attack on Titan, Sub noticed Sky shivering again. Of course it was really cold, but Sub didn't mind. But Sky was a bit more prone to the cold than he was.

Sub got up, walked to the bed, grabbed the cover, and threw it over Sky's shoulders. "T-thanks Sub. I didn't want to get it myself because I thought it'd be rude for me to have a blanket and you not to have one. This blanket isn't exactly the biggest." He said.

But Sub gave a wave of the hand and scooted close to Sky, sitting next to him on the small couch Sky had in front of his TV. Sub moved the blanket so that it could cover them both up from the front instead. That way Sky could get more blanket and they could share. "H-hey, you made it work." Sky pointed out.

Sub gave a thumbs up as he started the next episode of the anime. He made sure to lean away from Sky as to not make him feel uncomfortable. They both watched in silence. The faceless animator heard a yawn next to him.

Soon, Sky had drifted off to sleep, his head in his hand as he leaned his arm on the arm rest. By the time the episode was over, Sub could hear the deep breathing of Sky.

He stared at the sleeping face for a few minutes before deciding it was time to leave. The sunglasses blocked his eyes so it was easy for him to pretend that Sky wasn't sleeping and that this was not creepy at all.

He found himself getting better at pretending and imagining thing like this. Sky and him, he wished one day it wouldn't just be a pretend thing he had going on in his mind. He knew one day that his dream would come true. And that Sky would actually say "I love you" to him in real life, not just in his mind.

Sub stood up and turned off the TV. He made sure to cover up Sky more so he wouldn't be cold. Sub turned off the lights as he was about to leave, but looked back. He decided to risk it for the biscuit.

He strolled back over to Sky, leaned down, and brushed his curly brown hair back as he placed a soft kiss on his forehead.

He left with the empty soup cup in his hand and a blissful feeling in his gut. That feeling lurched into his throat with disgust when he reached the main hall, seeing Ty through the window of Dartrons office. The boy was still struggling with fixing that dam paper work. Sub had to force that feeling down and walk by.

"Soon..." He thought.