Cliffjumper Or Jump Off The Cliff

No sleep. Just pain. Loss. Maybe he should just join Tailgate now. That's the whole reason he was like this. His best friend was dead. Tailgate would want him to be better than this. He remembered that day when Tailgate was stacking crates in the back of Cliffs home.

"Cliff...I need you to promise me something." Cliffjumper turned to his best friend as he set his crate down. "Wassup?" The white bot had a serious facial expression. "The day I offline...you promise you won't mourn for me? Please, just be happy for me. I want you to be happy. You can pull the sappy crap and talk to my body but, don't hide from anyone we may know." Cliffjumpers face dropped, "Tailer, I-why?" Tailgate smiled a sad smile, "because, I'll be watching you." Cliff smiled a sad smile also, "I promise. But first, promise me something." Tailgate chuckled a bit, "What's it?" Cliff took over the serious face, "promise you won't leave me." Tailgate shook his helm, "I promise."

"You promised." The saddest bot alive whispered. His optics dulled in the dark room. He hadn't socialized with any bots. "I'll keep my promise." The red horned bot stood. He began his journey to the back of the ship where the...morgue was.

Cliffjumper opened the door and noticed that a new name was carved in the wall. It read: Tailgate. Cliffjumper squeezed his optics shut at the name. He looked ahead...there was his friend.

"Oh Tailgate."

Cliffjumper sniffled a bit before opening the door and pulling out the metal cot. Tailgates body was just...lying there.

"Why did you have to leave me now?" The bot then chuckled, "You were always bad at timing." The red bot placed a servo on the lifeless mechs chassis. "Rest easy Tailgate. We'll get Cybertron back, no matter how long it takes." With that the red mech left his best friends body. He pushed the metal cot back into the slot. Shut the door. Left.

"Arcee," The red horned mech found himself at the door of his friend. His...crush.

The door opened slightly. "Arcee, we need to talk." The femme felt tears well up in her optics. "I'm sorry, Cliff. I couldn't save him." The mech stepped forward. He pushed the door open and hugged her. She sobbed into his chassis. "I didn't mean for that to happen. I should have said something, done something, anything!"

"Arcee."

"I can't believe I did this."

"Arcee, it isn't your fault. It never was and never will be. Do you understand?" The femme looks at the mech that is wrapped around her. "It isn't?"

"It isn't." Cliff confirmed. "I'm your partner now. I won't let anything happen to you. Tailgate will always be there. He never left." Arcee nodded.

"Go long!" Crosshairs lobbed it to Bulkhead. Bulkhead grabbed the lob ball he made. "I'm so glad we salvaged this!" He lobbed it to Hound. Hound smiled when he caught it without any sudden pain.

Cliffjumper and Arcee came around the corner with smiles. Optimus looked away from the datapad he was reading to see the two red and blue bots. "Arcee; Cliffjumper, are you two holding up much better?" The two smiled, "a lot better. Tailgate wanted it this way." The Prime nods, "Tailgate is still apart of this team and always will be."

"BUMBLEBEE! I NEEDED THAT!" Various items flew out of the med bay. "Run!" The young bot whirred as he jumped over Hounds work out station. The yellow mech was tackled by Crosshairs, "get im Ratchet!" The only thing that came out of the med bay was a wrench. The youngest bot struggled against the greenest mech. "No!" The wrench connected with the young bots abdomen. The wrench came back like a boomerang and slid back into the med bay. The young bot was on all fours catching up to his vents.

"Touch my screen again and air won't be the only thing you loose!" The ship erupted with laughter. Bumblebee couldn't help but laugh himself in his staticky buzzes and whirs.

"Watch out!" The lob ball came at the Prime. The prime dropped his data pad and caught the lob ball. His peds scraping against the floor. The base was deadly silent. Bumblebees antennas flew up. He ran and hid behind Crosshairs' trench coat. Crosshairs chuckled.

"Nice catch Prime!" Hound shouted. The prime smiled a bit, "be careful as to where you throw." Arcee smiled at the shaking Bulkhead who had thrown the lob ball towards the Prime on accident. "Sorry, Optimus." The red and blue mech smiled at the green one, "it is quite alright, Bulkhead."

"I believe we must set course back on our journey."

"Agreed."