Chapter 14

FAROUK's POV

Standing in front of the full length mirror in my room,I adjusted my tie and found myself smiling at the person inside the mirror. It has been a week since I went to Aflaah's house and we talk like everyday though she's the very shy type. I send her good morning and goodnight text everyday and she usually replies with emojis or thank you's. I'm not complaining though. Alhamdulillah!

Checking the time on my phone,I saw it's 7:20am. I quickly sent typed a simple but lovely message to My future wife (In Shaa Allah). I picked up my car key from the bedside drawer and made my way to the kitchen.

I bumped into Maa and she from the looks of it she's coming from the kitchen.
"Oh! You're up early today. I was just heading to your room to check on you." She said her voice sounding sleepy.
"Yes Ma, I'm up and it's not only today fah. Ina kwana(Morning)". I greeted.
"Lafiya Alhamdulillah"
"Ma what happened? Why you up now?"
"I prepared your breakfast myself today"She said smiling.
"Thank you Ma,but you shouldn't have stressed yourself. The maid could have done it"
"Shut up my dear, I cannot cook for my child again. Now go and have your breakfast,Yallah! Take care and May Allah bless you." She replied patting my back every though I'm a bit taller than her.
"Amin Ya Rabbi Ma,Thank you so much. Ma'assalam."I replied.

***

After closing for the day, I decided to go over to Zayd's place. I got into my car and drove off. It was when I entered the house that I thought of calling him.

"Assalamu Alaykum Mijin Aflaah". He said immediately after answering the phone.
"Waalaikumussalam,fadi ka kara fada(You can say that again. Smh😁)."
"Are you a home"
"Get out of that car and come in my friend,it is now that you decided to call to ina nan!(I'm around)." He said sounding like Ma.
"Okay Ma,Ayam sorry." I said chucking.

🌹🌹🌹

AFLAAH's POV

All I've been doing these days is lazying around. Sitting on the couch in the parlor chatting with my friends on Whatsapp,just then a call came in. The name 'Farouk' was displayed. I smiled before answering the call.

"Assalamu Alaykum" He beat me to it!
"Waalaikumussalam,Barka da rana" I greeted.
"How are you doing?" He inquired.
"Fine Alhamdulillah,You?"I asked.
"Alhamdulillah,I'm good. Tired though,I just came back from work." He said.
"You should rest then. You need it!".
"I will,I will. I just can't rest properly without hearing your melodious voice,I need it the most." He said and I couldn't help but chuckle.
"Uhmmm. Now that you've heard it can you please go eat,freshen up then rest. We can talk afterwards,okay?" I said with a wide grin plastered on my face.
"Right away Mi lady" He said with a fake british accent.
"Bye" I said ending the call..

Since the last time he came to my house. He's been nothing but been a nice and caring person. We talk everyday,the least we talk a day is twice. I'm starting to like him. Finally I got up from the couch and went to check on Ma,I found her room empty and decided to check the kitchen Alas! I saw her there.

"But Ma you should have ask me to do it" I said pouting.
"Don't worry,nothing major!" She replied smiling.
Okay if you say so,if cooking fried rice,making coleslaw and pineapple juice is nothing major. Lol,don't mind me. I might be exaggerating.

I helped her finish everything and decided to change from the oversized shirt and leggings I was wearing to a more decent clothing.

I freshened up and slip into a simple atamfa gown and tie my headtie in a rough way,it's not like I'm going anywhere anyways. I went and ate my food. Then I thought of calling Farouk.

I dialed his number and it rang three times without him answering. I thought maybe he isn't close to the phone,just then he called back. Guess he doesn't want to waste my oh so precious credit!

We talked for almost five minutes about everything and nothing and he asked whether I'm on Whatsapp,I told him yes and he promised to chat me up later.

Author's Note

Assalamu Alaykum dearies,how are you all? Ya gida? Hope everything is fine and dandy?
Here is an update😁 I hope you enjoy it. I really feel happy and ecstatic whenever I see a new reader,I feel after all more people are reading my book. Thank you for everyone out there who is sparing his precious time to read my book, I can't thank you enough.

Please checkout Aysha_Miko. She writes amazing books. There's 1.Love triangle
2.A window of escape.
I promise you won't regret it. Aysha_Miko this chapter is for you😘

Okay,enough of my rants! I love you all❤️

You know the slogan huh?😉

Momma's love🌹