Chapter 8

AFLAAH's POV

Things are really getting more hectic with each passing day. It's just a week remaining to Ya Khaleefa's wedding and I couldn't be more happier, this is the first time someone's getting married in this house so everyone is excited.

I was lying down on my bed surfing through the internet when my phone started ringing, Ya Khaleefa❤️ appeared on my phone screen. I answered the call immediately and the following conversation ensured;
Me: Assalamu Alaikum
Ya Khaleefa: Waalaikumussalam Baby sis. Ya kike(How are you)
Me: I'm fine Alhamdulillah
Ya Khaleefa: MashaAllah. What did you people cook please? I'm almost home
Me: It's Danwake(Some traditional Hausa meal) I said pulling his legs because I know he hates it.
Ya Khaleefa: Ya Salam! Can you do me a favor please?
Me: Anything for Ya Khaleefa..
Ya Khaleefa: Thanks Baby sis. Please can you cook something for me? You don't have to stress yourself even rice and stew will do.
I chuckled. Ya Khaleefa tsokanan ka nake dama(I was just pulling your legs)we didn't cook Danwake. We cooked rice.
Allahu Yahdiki Aflaah,he let out a small laugh. Anyways, Sai na daawo ko(Till I come back)
Alright Fav bro,Take care.
I will InshaAllah,You too. And then he ended the call.

Today's Saturday and luckily I have no lectures. But the house is very boring because Maa went out since and she is not back yet. I'm the only one at home,and I'm not even a fan of watching movies I'd have watch one. Just when I decided to sleep, I received a notification from Wattpad. Sarahss2000 Updated "Miss World or Miss Akirah" So I decided to read it before sleeping. (Please do check out the book,it's really amazing and educating too❤️❤️).

After reading the chapter updated,I heard the Adhan(Call to prayer)for Asr called;so I stood up,performed ablution and prayed. Just like that, I felt like something is wrong somewhere,I went to Mama's room and I saw her making call.
"Inn....aaa lillla...hi Wa Inn...aaa ilaiiiih...ii Raji'oouu...nnn"(From Allah we are and unto him shall we return)I heard her say..
Ma, meya faru?(What happened)I enquired silently praying in my mind that all is well.
Get the car keys Aflaah,you brother was involved in an accident. Though I was told that it isn't that serious but I don't believe them.
Yaa Illahi! I exclaimed busting into uncontrollable sobs.
Ba kuka zakiyi ba Aflaah(You shouldn't cry) he needs our prayers the most,crying will not do anything. Now get your Hijab lets leave,suna AKTH(they are in Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital).
I stood up and silently walked out of Ma's room like there's no blood in my system.

We arrived at the hospital same time with Farida,her sister Fadila and her cousin Amirah. They said Amirah's brother brought them though I didn't get to see him, he dropped them and went off.

"Welcome Ma'am, what's the name of your patient? The receptionist asked;
He's Khaleefa Alameen Anas,he was involved in an accident some hours ago.
Okay,he's currently in the theater room. You can't see him now,he have been there for almost 2 hours so I think he will be out anytime soon.
Thank you;I said with a Sad smile.

May Allah grant you quick shifa' Habiby; I heard a sobbing Farida muttered.
Ameen Ya Rabbi, Ameen. We all replied.
We sat down at the reception engulfed in silence with different thoughts going through everybody's mind. Ma has been silent since we got here,it wasn't a pleasant sight to see. He was everyone's favorite after-all.

After waiting for only God knows what hours,Okay maybe I'm exaggerating but I felt like every second is an hour. Two doctors came out and were looking for "The Alameen Anas's" I quickly went up to them.
Are you his wife? The other doctor asked.
No, I am his sister.
Is there any other relative of his apart from you here?
Yes,There is. I am his mom;I heard Ma said with a voice laced with sadness.
Okay,follow me to my office please.
I wanted to follow them but the look my gave me made me quietly went back to where Fadila and her sisters are sitting.
What did the say Aflaah?; Farida enquired worriedly.
They didn't say anything to me fa,he asked Ma to follow him to his office. I just pray something bad hasn't happen.
InshaAllah Aflaah,we were talking on the phone fa and he was telling me yana hanya(he was on his way)I said he should drive then and stop making calls while driving mukayi Sallama ya kashe(we said goodbyes and he hanged up) . Only for few minutes later to be called with his number that he was involved in an accident. Ya Salaam,I really hope he's okay;she busted out crying again.
Stop crying Fadila,he will be fine InshaAllah; Amirah said trying to calm her down. Just then her phone started ringing.
It's Yaya, I think he's back;She said.
Answer it mana;Fadila said.

Naam...Yes..I don't really know fa...toh gamu nan(We are coming) and then she ended the call.
Farida he's here,let's leave ko? Amirah announced.
No, you guys should go without me.I am not leaving till I see him;Farida said.
Toh shikenan (Its alright), Fadila let's go. When you're done you can call me or Fadila and Ya Farouk will come and get you.
Toh Amirah,thank you.
Don't mention. Allah ya bashi lafiya (May Allah grant him Shifa')
Amiin. Bye.

Aflaah, you guys can go see him. One at a time amma,the doctor said he needs rest.Don't make noise kuma.Ma announced sitting down.
Alright Ma;Farida go in first ko?
No,ki shiga kawai(You should enter A/N not direct translation tho😬) she said feeling shy all of a sudden maybe because Ma is here.
Toh let's go then you wait by the door ko? I said that because I know she is dying to see him.
When we got there, she said I should please let her see him first. I smiled and teased her alot before agreeing.
I peeped through the door and saw him laying helplessly on the hospital bed but immediately he saw her,he's face lit up automatically. Love kenan(That's love)I said dramatically.
He called her name and then they kept looking at each other for like forever before she finally bid him goodnight and came out.

I kept teasing her when she came out that she had to close her face with her palms. I entered and he gave me a heartwarming smile.
Baby sis?;he called out more like asked.
Na'am Yaya,Sannu.
Yawwa Babyna(My baby). Where's Ma?
She's at the reception with Farida I guess.
Okay,what is the time ne? I checked and it was 8:25pm,I told him and he was like it's getting late I should go back home.
Haba Ya Khally, I can't go home now while you're here. Gaskiya ni I'm spending the night here.
No you're not. Go and meet mama now kinji(You hear? Smh?).

Yawwa Aflaah;come and give her your phone ko she left her phone at home and she want to call someone to come get her;Ma said.
Okay,here it is;I said giving Farida my phone. She dialed a number and the person answered.
Hello..Fadila it's me...Oops! Can you please send me his number then?....Yawwa Thank you Bye.
After like 2minutes,the phone beeped indicating an incoming message. She opened it and called the number.
I saw her eyeing me like wanting an explanation. So you know Ya Faruk;she whispered.
Oh, I said my mouth forming an 'O shape'
Just then he answered.
Hi...It's Fadila,Ya Faruk....Yes,she's his sister...Okay sai kazo(Till you come).

Immediately she ended the call,she turned to me. Girl I need some explanation y'know?She whispered because Ma is with us.Not now anyways.
I tried hiding my blushing face but she had to see it.
Inyeeeh! Harda su blushing ko(So you're even blushing). Hmmm!
Then my phone started ringing. "Farouk" appeared on my phone screen.
Zo ki rakani(Come and escort me) He's here;Farida said.
Okay, Ma barin rakata(Let me escort her)
Alright. Sai da safe Farida,Thank you.
Ba komai Mama(Its nothing). Bye.

Even though the light was dim,I caught a glimpse of him sitting comfortably in his car. He looked really stunning in his Blue Kaftan,I couldn't take my eyes off him and I saw him staring at me too. When we finally reached where he was,Farida cleared her throat ending our staring contest.
He had a charming smile plastered on his face.
Ina wuni(Good evening)I greeted nervously.
Assalamu Alaikum;he said making me feel like one harami(Y'all can relate huh😅)
Waalaikumussalam;I answered feeling ashamed.
How are you? Ya me jiki?(Smh how's the patient)
Alhamdulillah he's getting better;I answered.
MashaAllah. Let's go ko Farida? He said turning to where Farida was standing that is beside me.
Okay Ya Farouk and she sat on the passenger's seat.
I bid them goodbye and went inside smiling like someone who won a lottery...

A/N
Assalamu Alaikum Ladies and Gents😘
Okay, I know I took soooo long before updating. Is it too late now to say Sorrrrrryyy🙈 I'm soooo sorrrrrryyy, I travelled,came back,fell sick,and I had this writer's block for like forever😓 I almost deleted this book. I had zero motivation. I do get votes but the comments are very very few😩😩 Please,Dan Allah,Biko Vote,Comment,Share and Follow❤️ That's all I'm asking for you.🙏🏻🙏🏻

I love you as you read😻❣
                                   His Queen🙈❤️
                             Nieematullah💗🎀🌹