Chapter 45

Emily’s POV

I felt like I was being carried. I don’t know who’s carrying me but they have bigger arms than mommy or daddy.  I open my eyes and a boy with black hair and black eyes is carrying me. It’s dark out.

“Where’s mommy?” I ask him, he doesn’t say anything back.

“Daddy says it’s rude not to answer a question.” I say but he still doesn’t say anything back.

I reach up and poke his face, he starts moving and gives me a mean look. I don’t say anything and look over my shoulder. Another boy is carrying Dylan and a girl is carrying Luke.

Ponyboy’s POV

I wake up early and silently leave the room so I don’t wake up Tobi. I walk into Emily and Luke’s room to check on them but they aren’t in their beds. Maybe Grace or Sodapop got them up?

I walk to Dylan’s room and look on his bed but he isn’t there either. This is getting weird. I walk down stairs and see Grace, Johnny, Two-bit, and Steve in the kitchen eating chocolate cake.

“Where are Dylan, Emily, and Luke?” I ask them because they would probably know.

“Upstairs?” Grace says but it comes out more of the question.

“I just went up there to check on them but none of them are in their rooms.” I state.

We all look at each other with wide eyes and run upstairs to their rooms.

“They aren’t here! Where are they?” Grace shouts.

Tobi walks out into the hallway from our bedroom still half asleep.

“What’s going on?” She asks.

“The kids are missing!” Grace exclaims.

Tobi’s eyes go wide and she starts panicking and hyperventilating. I wrap my arms around her and try to calm her down but he falls to her knees and sobs into my chest.

“I’m gonna go check the park! Steve check the DX or something!” Two-bit orders.

Steve and Two-bit run out of the house, Sodapop searches the room for any clues to where they might have gone, Grace and Johnny run down stairs to search while I sit on the floor with Tobi in my arms.

Ashley William’s POV

“GET THE HELL OUT! YOU’RE JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER, A WHORE! LEAVE AND DON’T COME BACK!” My father screams at me as tears run down my cheeks.

“YOU’RE ONLY PISSED BECAUSE SHE LEFT YOUR DRUNKEN ASS!” I shout back at him. Bad choice.

Before I could even comprehend what was happening, my dad slaps me and kicks me hard in the ribs. I groan and slowly get up. I run to my room and grab my blade and then run out of that hell hole. I run and run until I come across the park. My legs give out and I sit on the ground.

“Hey, are you okay?” Someone asks me.

I look up and a guy around the age of 19 with dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes is standing front of me. He is wearing a Mickey Mouse shirt and blue jeans. His eyes are full of concern. He holds his hand for me to grab, I grab on and he pulls me up.

“Yeah, just peachy.” I say and wipe away my tears.

He is obviously a greaser but so am I.

“The name is Two-bit, how bout yourself?” Two-bit asks me.

“Ashley.” I reply and tuck a strand of my blonde hair behind my ear.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He asks.

“Uhh, I guess.” I reply and told him my whole story of how my mom left my dad and how he abuses me and stuff.

“You’re tough to get through all that. How old are you?” He asks me.

“18. You?” I ask him as we walk down the road that leads to the DX.

“19. Do you have anywhere to go tonight?” Two-bit asks.

“Nah. I might just go the lot or something.” I respond and watch the sun slowly fade.

“You can stay at my friend’s place. We are all freaked out right now cause Limited X kidnapped my buddies kids.” Two-bit says, I frown but agree to stay at his friend’s house.

“Wait. When were they kidnapped?” I ask him.

“Last night.” He responds.

I remember last night when I spent the night at the lot, there were these three people carrying a kid each…. They couldn’t be the three kids.

“I remember seeing them being carried to this one house by the Soc houses!” I shout which catches Two- bit off guard.

“Are you serious?” He asks. I nod my head.

“We gotta tell the gang!” He shouts excitingly.

Two-bit takes my hand and we run to his friend’s house. A huge group of people are in the living room. Two-bit shouts the news and we all start running towards the house I remember. Once we arrive at the house, it looks like it son lock down. A guy goes to the door and kicks it down. Everyone runs in and starts shouts.

Tobi’s POV

This is it.

“EMILY! DYLAN! LUKE! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?!?” I shout down the halls.

A muffled scream is heard from a room at the end of the hall. The whole gang exchange looks or worry and determination. Sodapop and I walk to the door and push it open.

-------------------------------------------------------

Like!

Comment!

Share!

Vote!