Chapter 28

Ponyboy's POV

Tobi hasn't been outta our room in over a week, Darry says to leave her alone for awhile. I miss her. I wish I could talk to her but she just doesn't respond anymore.

Dally had to get locked up for a little over a month. Johnny and I are in front of the television watching Mickey Mouse when we hear a door open, Tobi comes into the living room with a straight face, her eyes are unreadable.

"Pony, we need to talk, outside." She says with no emotion or even enthusiasm in her voice, I nod and follow her outside.

"We can't be together." My heart stops and shatters.

"What?" I ask in disbelief.

"Ponyboy Curtis, we can't be together no more." Tobi responds, still no emotion coming from her.

All I can do is nod and walk back inside. I walk past Johnny and into Tobi and I's room, I sit on the bed and burry my face in my hands.

I'm lost, sad, and heartbroken. Why? What did I ever do? Fuck it. I get up and walk down the hall to the living room. I hear Tobi and Johnny talking, I stop where I am and listen.

"Why'd you guys break up?" I heard Johnny ask. Yeah, Id like to know too.

"It's just, I have a lot of stress and with the whole Dally thing.... I just need a break. The more I think about not being with him, the more I regret it but I just need to keep a tough profile for Dally. Afterall, I am his little sister and I should be just as tough as him!" Tobi explains. This still doesn't make me feel any better.

----

Like!

Vote!

Comment!

Share!