Eight

As usual, school was okay. Other than some boring classes, nothing much happened and in the blink of an eye, it was the end of another school day.

Chloe❤️: Remember about our plans for today! See you in half an hour!
Y/N: Seeya!

When it was almost time, I left the house and walked to the ice cream parlour where Chloe and I usually met. Soon after, Chloe arrived.
"The usual?"
"Yup!"
"Can I have one cookies and cream ice cream and one chocolate ice cream, both in cones. Thank you."
After Chloe had bought the ice cream, we sat down and started our talk.

"So? What happened last night? I saw your post on Instagram" Chloe smirked.
"Ah, that was nothing. We realised that both our parents were friends and we just had dinner together."
"Then what was the carnival thing all about?"
"Oh, our parents told us to hang out while they talked so we went to the carnival and he saw me looking at a chipmunk toy so he won it for me and we also..."
"Wait what?" Chloe cut me off. "He saw you looking at something so he got it for you?"
"Yeah, why?"
"No, never mind. Complete your story first?"
"So as I was saying, after that he wanted to take photos and he said that since he won the toy for me, I had to take photos with him. We went into a photo booth and took some photos. That's it. It's not much."
"What? You call that not much? Okay so firstly, he got you something you wanted. You didn't even ask for it, you just looked at it. And secondly, he wanted to take photos with you. Don't you feel that there's something weird going on?"
"No, why?"
"Oh my gosh, Y/N, can't you see? I think he likes you."

What? That couldn't be. How could Mark like me? We were just friends and that was it. However, at the thought of Mark liking me, I started blushing.

"No, that can't be. We're just friends."
"Okay, let me ask you something. Do you like him?"
I just kept quiet.
"Do you stare at him a lot?"
"Erm, sometimes? But that's because he's handsome, not because I like him."
"Then do you always think about him?"
"I mean, he's my closest friend, other than you, so of course right?"
"Do you feel happy when you hang out with him?"
"Yeah, he's really funny and he makes me laugh, so I guess."
"Oh my gosh, okay, I think you like him, don't you? Maybe it doesn't seem like it to you, but it definitely seems like it to me."

I pondered on what Chloe and I talked about as I walked back home. Did I really like Mark? It couldn't be right?

Just then, I received a text message.

Markiepooh: Y/N, remember you said you like to bake? Wanna come over to bake a cake with me?
Y/N: You can bake? Woah, I'm impressed.
Markiepooh: Don't forget, I'm amazing. I have so many talents. So you coming over?
Y/N: Yeah, sure. Give me 10 minutes, I'm on my way. (on my way?)

I rang the doorbell when I got to Mark's house. Aunty Dorine opened the door for me. "Hello dear, come in. Mark's expecting you." I thanked Aunty Dorine and we went into the house together. When I stepped into the living room, I saw two girls and a boy. They were probably Mark's siblings. "Oh, these are my other children. This is Grace, this is Tammy and this is Joey. Mark should be coming down soon" "Hello Y/N, we've heard a lot about you. Mark keeps talking about you at home. You're actually as pretty as he had described." My cheeks turned into a pinkish hue. Mark talked about me often? "Thank you" "Hey, who said that I talked about her often?" Mark said as he walked down the stairs. "What, you literally talk about her every single day. Right, Grace? Right, Joey?" "Yeah you do."

Mark turned away and walked to the kitchen. "Embarrassed, huh?" "Shut up, Tammy. Let's start baking Y/N." I walked to the kitchen and helped Mark take out the ingredients to bake the cake. "Don't mind them, I'm sorry for what happened back there." "Haha, but do you really talk about me everyday?" Mark just kept quiet as he started blushing. "So, we need to mix the dry ingredients together first. You can do that first while I mix the wet ingredients." Haha, he tried to avoid the question. A smile made its way to my face. "Yeah sure. Why are you avoiding the question though?" "Ah, erm I guess I talk about you quite often? Since you're my only friend in school." Mark started scratching his neck and I found myself turning red. I could literally feel myself radiating heat because of my embarrassment. "So, you're the one embarrassed now?" I kept quiet and started mixing the dry ingredients. "I should make you embarrassed more often, your cheeks turn really red when you're blushing." Mark started pinching my cheeks. " Hey, it hurts." "Sorry, I just had to. Your cheeks look like chipmunk's."

After we had mixed all the ingredients together, we poured the batter in a pan and put it into the oven to bake. While waiting for it to bake, we made some frosting to decorate the cake. "Y/N, look here." I turned my face and Mark used his hands to put some frosting on my face." "Hey I'm gonna get pimples." I needed to get back at him. I took some frosting and wiped it on his face. We both laughed at how ridiculous we looked. "Okay, we should stop. There won't be enough frosting for the cake if we continue with this nonsense." When the cake had finished baking, we used the frosting to decorate it. The end product wasn't as nice as I had expected it to be. But we had fun making the cake and it was quite the experience baking with a friend. I had always baked by myself.

As it was already getting dark, I left the house and made my way back home.