Two

By the time I had reached home, I was already drenched. I tossed my backpack onto my bed, had a warm, nice bubble bath, trying to make myself a little happier, but to no avail. I changed into my favourite set of pyjamas before I got into bed and cuddled with my favourite soft toy. I tried to tell myself that it was all a dream and when I woke up, everything would come back to normal.

"Y/N, wake up for dinner."

I woke up and immediately pinched myself, praying that everything that happened was just a bad dream but what Megan and Victoria had said still remained vivid in my mind. I walked down to the dinner table. To my surprise, Megan and Victoria were there as well. "Y/N, did you forget about our plans this afternoon? We were waiting for you for quite a long time but you didn't turn up. We came to look for you and we bumped into your parents on the way here. Your mum invited us for dinner. Let's eat together!"

Oh my gosh. What a fake person. I couldn't stand it. It was amazing how two-faced they were. I rolled my eyes at them and yelled at them to get out of my house. I could see that both of them were shocked. Both my parents were surprised by my action as well. "Did we do something wrong?"

Oh, yes you did. You did something so wrong, did you not know?

"I heard you both at Baskin Robbins. I heard everything, every single word. Do you know how it feels when someone gossips behind your back? What have I done to deserve all this? I trusted the both of you so much and this is what you do to me? Backstab me? I can't believe I actually thought you two were my best friends. But, guess what, you turned out to be like everyone else! Now, get out of my house before I blow up! You do not want to try me."

"Fine! We don't need a friend like you anyway." Before I could scream any further, they said bye to my parents, took their bags and left.

After they left, my parents looked at me with their mouths agape. "I'm sorry that we didn't even know about all this. We were too busy with work to check on you. We should have set aside time to at least talk to you about your problems." "Y/N, we promise that nothing like this will ever happen again. If anything like this happens again, please tell us. Don't keep it all bottled inside. At least pour all your anger out of your heart." My mother hugged me.

In her warm embrace, as much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. A lone tear traced down my cheek, and just like that, my floodgates opened. Beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. My lips trembled and my shoulders heaved with emotion. My dark lashes brimmed heavy with tears, my hands clenched into shaking fists, in a desperate battle against the grief.

The next day, when I went to school, I tried to avoid Megan and Victoria. I did not want to see the both of them. The sight of the both of them only brought about an upwelling of anger, disappointment, sadness and I knew that I would break down. I was emotionally weak and I cried easily. It would be embarrassing to cry in front of everyone. At that moment, I wished that I could cry elegantly, and without a single sound, so that nobody would know that I was crying and I could cry without anyone judging me. Unfortunately, there was no such thing.

Nobody knew how hurt I was. For a moment, I actually felt pity for myself. I had no friends, nothing. It hurt to act like I was fine on the outside but I was actually so weak inside, and my walls were crumbling on me. During break, I could see that everyone at the cafeteria was staring at me just because I was eating by myself. I could also see both Megan and Victoria scoffing at the sight of me having no friends. Why can't I just live a normal life? Why can't my life be just like other people's? I just want to have true friends, friends that actually care. And parents who care for me, who set aside time for me. Was it that hard?

I wanted to escape from reality, I wanted to get away from this place, I wanted to run away from all my problems. It was terrifying how cruel reality was. Couldn't reality be just a little nicer to me?