Seven

I heard my parent's car pull into the parking lot.

"Y/N, we're meeting up with an old friend for dinner. Do you want to come? Their eldest son is coming too. He's the same age as you."
"Okay, I have nothing to do anyways"

I went upstairs, changed into a dress, put on some makeup and accessories, then we left the house.

When we reached the restaurant, the other family hadn't reached yet, so my parents and I just made our way to the table first. After a while, my parents started waving at someone. Oh, it must be them. "Dorine! I haven't seen you in such a long time!" My mum hugged her.
"Bro, nice to see you again," my dad said as he shook his hand.
"This is our daughter, Y/N. Y/N, this is Aunty Dorine and this is Uncle Raymond."
"Nice to meet you, Y/N. Our son went to the washroom. He'll be here in no time" Aunty Dorine said as we all sat down.
"Oh look, he's here."

I looked up and guess who I saw.
"Hello Auntie and Uncle. I'm Mark."
"Wait what? You're Aunty Dorine and Uncle Raymond's son?"
"Yeah, so you were the girl my parents were talking about? This is so cool."
"You two know each other?"
"Yeah, we met each other at the park near our house that day and we sit beside each other in class. Since we live opposite each other, we hang out quite often."
"He was the one I was telling you guys about."
"Wait a minute. You mean we live opposite each other? Why didn't we know about that?"
"You didn't tell us where you lived," Uncle Raymond shrugged his shoulders.
"Funny how kids found out before us. Anyways, shall we order?"

I ordered steak and it was really good. I finished up the whole thing. During dinner, I saw that Mark kept stealing glances at me. "Kids, why don't you go outside and hang out? You'll probably be bored if you stay here and hear us talk." Mark and I went outside.

"You look stunning. I haven't seen you wear make up before and your dress is really pretty." A shy blush crept up my cheeks. "You too. You look really charming in that suit." I broke out into laughter. "Since it's still early, why don't we go to the carnival near here?" "Sure!" "Oh, and I didn't know you could eat so much. I thought girls were very particular about their weight." "Hey, I'm not like other girls. I'm unique and special." I flipped my hair and started walking. "Erm Y/N, the carnival's this way." Okay this was embarrassing. I turned around and started walking quickly. Of course, Mark caught up with me in no time.

When we reached the carnival, Mark caught me staring at a cute chipmunk toy. It looked really squishy and it was really huge. It was about half the size of me. "You want that? I'll get it for you." Without hesitation, he approached the counter and paid for the game. After a few tries, he won the game. He passed me the chipmunk. My eyes lit up and I thanked him for the toy. "Since I won the toy for you, you should fulfil my wish. Take a photo with me."

We went into a photo booth and took many photographs. The photographs turned out really nice. He gave some to me and kept the rest. "Mark, look here." I took a selfie with him and uploaded it on Instagram. Suddenly, Mark's phone started buzzing. It was his parents asking us to go back to the restaurant.

"Y/N, what's that?" My father pointed at the chipmunk.
"Oh, Mark won it for me."
"It was nice meeting you Y/N. We'll see the three of you soon."
"Mark, Y/N talks a lot about you. Thanks for helping her with her work and for being her friend. We're really grateful." My mum said.
My cheeks started turning red again. I hit my mum on the shoulder. It wasn't like I talked about Mark everyday. Mark gave me a smirk and we left for home. In the car, my phone buzzed. I looked at the notification and it was Mark.

Markiepooh: Hey chipmunk :) Thanks for just now. I had a lot of fun. See you tomorrow.
Y/N: Me too! But since when did I become chipmunk?
Markiepooh: Ever since I won that toy for you?
Y/N: That nickname makes me sound like I'm chubby.
Markiepooh: Whatever, it's cute. See you tomorrow.

Just as I was about to switch off my phone, I received another message.
Chloe❤️: It looks like you're having fun eh?
Y/N: Haha nah. Mark and I just found out that our parents were friends.
Chloe❤️: Omg it's fate.
Y/N: What are you talking about, we're just friends.
Chloe❤️: Let's meet up tomorrow. I wanna hear what happened.
Y/N: Sure. The usual place?
Chloe❤️: Yup! Usual time too!

When we reached home, it was already very late. I placed the chipmunk on my bed. I showered and changed, before jumping into my bed and closing my eyes. As I hugged the chipmunk, I smiled to myself. Firstly, I met Chloe and reunited with her after so many years. Then, Mark came over for the movie. Although it scared the wits out of me, it was honestly quite fun. I also found out that Mark's parents and my parents were friends. After dinner, Mark and I went to the carnival, had loads of fun, and of course, he won the chipmunk for me.