When she winced he sighed.

"Stop lying to yourself, Dia."

"I'm not."She denied.

"Really?" He asked in disbelief. "Then why you never asked about your condition?"

Dia opened her mouth wide. She looked like a little girl caught with her hands in the cookie jar.

"I did. When I woke up on the Nostromus, I asked Reyes what they did to me." She defended herself.

"Is that right?" He asked, and she nodded. "Then why didn't you get a check-up? That would have been the first thing I would have done if I were you. But you didn't. Why?"

Dia gnashed her teeth, refusing to believe he could say that to her.

"I hope you're joking, Omen. You know what they did to me, and now do you want me to get a fucking check-up?!"

"Right" He nodded like he expected she would say that. "What they did to you in that facility was horrible. I can't even imagine what you went through. But do you really wanted me to believe that's what stopped you? Fear?" He shook his head. "I don't think so."

"What do you know? You weren't there."

"Maybe not, but I know you, Dia." Dia raised her eyebrows. "Yes, I am well aware we met for the first time just a few days ago, but I know you're brave" And despite everything he smiled. "and stubborn. Don't use what happened as a shield. I know that if you really wanted to know, no one could stop you."

"And according to you, who should I ask? The Umbra's men? Suzanne?" 

"You don't trust them."

"Yeah, no shit."

He nodded.

"I understand. But this still doesn't explain why you didn't try to use your new abilities."

"I used them several times." She rebutted.

"Only because you had to." He retorted. "You never tried to explore those skills, test your limits."

"And what makes you think that I haven't?"

Omen narrowed his eyes.

"Did you?"

"What does it matter? What do you care in the first place?" She said, trying to change the subject. 

But Omen didn't let her.

"Stop deflecting. Running away won't solve your problems, corporal."

"Great, a catchphrase. Do you have more pearls of wisdom to share with me or I can go now?"

But if he recognized the sarcasm in her voice, he didn't show it.

"Just one. Don't try to avoid what you are. Trust me, It will just make things worse."

Dia cocked her head.

"You talking from personal experience?"

"Maybe." He muttered keeping his expression carefully blank. "Now, why don't you take your dose? Then we'll talk. You have it with you, haven't you?" He asked, but it sounded more of a statement than a question.

Dia looked at the uniform on the racks and licked her lips. Omen followed her gaze, but he didn't move. It was like he was waiting for her to make a decision.

And at the end, she did though it wasn't what Omen expected.

"I will take it...after you answer my questions."