Chapter 23

("Fishin' in the Dark" By Nitty Gritty Diry Band.  This is the name of the lovely song I decided to add into the story )

Matt's Pov:

How in all things holy is the King feeling the power block? It made no sense... well I never did look into the power block magic, I never studied it. I never learned what I was capable of.

Another scream of pain from my Princess made me lose my train if though, I looked at my princess. My hand still on his chin, and our eyes still locked. Pete's eyes were black like they should be.

"Princess, can you hear me?" I softly ask petting his cheek.

"Matty, there is so much pain... why is there so much pain, why won't it stop." He whispers, softly tears now rolling down his precious face."

"I'm causing the pain Princess, I'm not wanting to but it's blocking the king from controlling you," I explain.

More tears roll down his eyes and he tried to lower his head. "No princess look at me." His eyes come back to meet mine. "Do you remember the first song I sang to you?"

He nods, and a small smile creeps onto his face, I smile back and start to sing the chorus.

"You and me going fishing in the dark

Lying on our backs and counting the starsWhere the cool grass growsDown by the river in the full moonlightWe'll be fallin' in love in the middle of the nightJust movin' slowStayin' the whole night throughFeels so good to be with youSpring is almost over and the summer's comeAnd the days are gettin' longWaited all winter for the time to be rightJust to take you along, baby get ready"

The tears stop rolling down his face and the biggest smile crossed his face.

"That warms my heart that you remember," I state

"Matty how could I forget anything you sing with that perfect voice of yours." He states, a blush crossing his face.

Choco's Pov:

Merome, Rob, Preston, Kenny and myself, were fighting the king. And I have no idea how, but Vikklan even showed up and started to help us. About 10 minutes into the fight, the king almost fell to his knees and when he looked back up at us the king's eyes were flashing red and black.

Matt was starting to block the king's powers... but how?!

"Choco! watch out," I hear Rob yell, I look forward and see a ball of fire coming right at my face. I duck at the right moment that the fireball goes right over my head. Luckily missing me.

"Thanks, Rob," I Shout and run to the end of the stage where we were fighting and I hear Matt singing. I smile a bit.

"Mathew! Whatever you are doing you are affecting the king!" I shout, "So keep doing it."

I see Matt nod and he turns his focus back to Pete.

I turn my attention, to the king and I form a black flame in my hand. The book I read about death magic users, is this spell right here can literally stop someone right in their tracks.

I throw the spell right at the king's face, and he freezes.

"You think a silly little spell will stop me." The king mocks and goes to move.

"Yes, I think the spell will stop you," I growl at him.

I see the king flinch, pain crossing his face. He Bites his lip, and I see his turn into fists. His head turns and Throw another black fireball at him.

"You took the slime outta my control!!!!" The king screams, his eyebrows scrunch together and his teether starts to grind.

I look at Pete and Matt stand up hand and hand.

"You can't control me for long you silly king." Pete mocks loudly as they walk up to the king.

"I can kill you all!!!!!" The King growls, then suddenly another scream is heard. I frantically look around, everyone was okay, besides Preston. He was on the floor, coughing, and holding his gut. And with closer examination, I notice a piece of wood sticking outta his back.

"Preston! NO!" Rob screams and drops the weapons in his hands then runs over to Preston. He falls onto his knees and pulls Preston onto his lap.

"Mathew the king is at his lowest point you think you can block his magic?" I question looking at him.

Matt nods, "I'll try."

"Matty, You can do it." Pete encourages as I see them walk over to the king and Matt grabs a hold of his wrists.

I rush over to Preston... and right when I get to his side... I start to feel his life force fading. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

*Instert evil laugh*

Enjoy your cliffhanger!

Truly yours full of evil,
LUE