Chapter 19

Rob's Pov:

I was wondering around in the forest... Tears were falling out of my eyes. I couldn't stop them. I have lost loved ones before but none of them have ever hurt this much. Even when my family...

I suddenly heard quiet sobs. I lost my train of thought and followed the sound. When I got close enough I heard people speaking.

"I know and I am sorry." A voice that sounded like Pete said. I started moving closer. I found them, it was Pete and Preston. I froze for a moment. Preston was crying his eyes out...Pete was comforting him.

"Preston," I called out. They both looked up and the sound of my voice. Preston smiled so a split second, but it was only for a second then he frowned again. Pete stood, up. I pulled out my gun and pointed it at them. Pete was using his body to shield prestPreston.

"What are you doing out here Robert?" He growled glaring at me.

I didn't answer. I just cocked the gun and aimed it at Pete's heart. He didn;t move.

"You're not a hunter. I can kill you." I grumble.

"Why don't you do it then?" Pete challenged, actually taking a step toward me. "Because guess what I can kill you too!"

"You where the weakest person in the kingdom, Brandon, you can't kill me." I laugh

Pete smirks and his eyes flash red. I am suddenly floating in the air. "I can use my magic now." He growled, "I can pay you back for all of the pain you caused my friends... But I won't."

He lowers me to the ground, and his expression changes. "Preston loves you. And because of that, I can't hurt you. It is also not in my nature to hurt anyone. No matter how much they deserve it."

I am speechless for a moment. Pete turns around and helps up, the red and teary-eyed Preston. "Can, I say goodbye?" Preston asks softly.

I nod and drop my gun. Preston actual runs into my arms, sobbing again. "Hey, hey it will be okay."

"No it won't, because after this, you will be out to kill the magic users again." He whimpers and pulls away. "Goodbye Rob."

Pete walks closer and they walk away. Vanishing into the trees. I stand there for a moment then pick up my gun. Aiming it at my chest... I could just take my life...

I stand in this position for what feels like an eternity... Then I put my gun away and run the direction Pete and Preston when. I find them sitting on a tree stump. Just talking. Quietly I pull out my gun and fire. Right into Pete's shoulder. Pete looks in my direction clutching his shoulder in pain. I aim the gun at Preston and fire. But Pete gets in the way and gets another gunshot wound, right above his hip.

"Preston get back to the barrier!" Pete yells at Preston looking dead into my eyes. Preston stands up and vanishes. Pete falls to the ground. I put my gun in the holster, walking up to Pete. I turn him onto his stomach and restrain his hands behind his back.

"Your mistake for not killing me," I growl, almost sounding insane. I throw the slime over my shoulder and walk back to the kingdom. Not wanting to wait to kill this magic user.

Preston's Pov:

I heard a gunshot, I look in the direction it came from and saw Rob. But, something was off about him. He aims the gun at me and fires. Pete gets in the way. Taking another bullet. He yells at me to get to the barrier. I vanish and runoff.

I enter the barrier, running into my friends, which from the looks of it were getting ready to run out of the barrier. I unvanish and break down.

"Preston, hey calm down. Breath." Choco pleaded.

I start the prosses of calming down. "What happened, we hear a gunshot!" Mitch asks frantically.

" We met Rob in the forest. Pete kinda scared him off but, he came after us. He shot Pete in the shoulder. Then he aimed the gun at me, at my chest. Ready to kill. Pete took the hit to his side. Right above his hip. He told me to come back to the barrier. So I did." I whimper

Choco hugs me really fast. "Pete is still alive come on. Shift into someone else and let's go." Choco yells running out of the barrier.

Matt looked anxious. Fear was clear in his eyes and he was ahead of all of us. Shifted into a shorter blond head with grey eyes. Also a very skinny body. We reach the kingdom and vanish to pass the guards. All of the townsfolk were gathered in the center of the town. We slow down and unvanish, blending into the townsfolk.

We work our way up to the front of the crowd. We see Pete on his knees, in a pool of his own blood. A bag over his head, his hands tied behind his back. I looked over at Matt, he actually started up toward the stage. I grabbed his arm.

"You interfere, he will be dead," I whisper, remembering a history lesson my mother taught me when I was little.

Matt sighed, "Then what are we supposed to do, he is going to bleed to death soon!"

"Matt, I would feel him dying. The adrenaline in his system is actually keeping him alive, and with him not able to see anything. The adrenaline is going to keep pumping.

"SILENCE!" The King roared looking over the crowd. Everyone becomes quiet as the King walks over to Pete. He takes the Bag off his head and Pete glares at him. Not saying a word.

"I have been wanting to meet one of you hybrids for the longest time." The King states smirking, "I was surprised my Lead Hunter was able to get you so easily."

Pete chuckles, "I have been in your grasps for longer than you know. You are just too stupid to see it."

The crowd gasps... You do not tell the King he is stupid...

"Well, so that is how you want to play this. Okay then, Robert. Show him what happens when you disrespect the King. And my boy, it is not just going to be death." The King threatens.

"Nothing you do is easy. I know what I am in for. You can't hurt me." Pete laughs.

"We will see about that!" The king growls and smacks Pete. I hear Matt growl next to me. "ROB SHOW HIM!"

Rob, comes up onto the stage, with a 9- lash whip in hand. Another guard comes up to Pete and shoves the bag into his mouth. Making sure to keep him quiet.

Rob comes up behind Pete and draws back his arm...Ready to hit Pete. I turn and hide my face into Matt's chest...

"SMACK!"