Six

"Nick" you yell slightly in shock as the elevator doors open, Maria standing behind him, he raises his eyebrow as he looks at you "um, what are you both doing here?" you asked, you thought Tony had messaged everyone saying meetings were rescheduled till further notice, why are they both here? The whole point of that email was so no-one found out about this situation, now you would have to explain why there are two of almost everyone here, Nick is going to kick Tony's ass for sure this time.

"I got a very sketchy email from Stark a couple days ago" he comments stepping out of the elevator, black leather coat fanning behind him, "decided to come and check-up on your kids, can never be too careful when Stark is involved, plus Maria has some intel on HYDRA locations for Barnes and Rogers" Maria holds up some old looking files, you nod and gulp, not sure where everyone is at this time.

"We are guessing Tony is down in his workshop, we'll head there" Maria smiles and both leave, you regain the ability to move and quickly follow behind them, it was unusually quiet and you guessed that EVERYONE must be down there; you only prayed that wasn't the case.

Tony was standing explaining the portal business so far to everyone, even Scott and Paul had returned to hear this, Tony and Vision almost had a breakthrough last night but it opened for half a second; not even that but it progressed. His voice trailed off as Nick Fury and Maria looked around the group, double-taking at some of the faces, for a moment Nick was shocked and tongue-tied.

"Stark" he sighed, Tony tried to act offended but the one-eyed deadpan- glare he received from Nick stopped him "I don't even want an explanation from you right now, I'll get that from Coulson when he comes by here later, I have some important information to share with you; only you" Tony sighed, a small whine escaping him, everyone knows that Nick can't be bothered to hear you explain and rather have Coulson do it... well, you are in deep trouble.

"Okay, Bruce take over and call me if something happens" Bruce nods and gets Vision to help as Tony disappears with Nick up the stairs.

"What's that about Hill?" Steve asked nodding to where Fury and Stark walked off to, she shrugged and handed him the files, briefly explaining the contents to be Soldiers "great, cannot wait to do this" he sighed dryly and Bucky chuckled.

Not even three minutes later Tony returns as Maria leaves, a frown presented and his face is full of bewilderment like he just been told something shocking; everyone glances at each other and then back at Tony.

"Who died?" Scott asked in an offhand joking matter, Tony lifted his head and glanced at everyone, for a moment his face is conveying so many emotions it's hard to pinpoint one.

His eyes land on Wanda who is stood beside Aaron, he goes to talk but shuts his mouth, he shakes his head and looks back up; signature smirk and he says something sarcastic back to Scott, only his eyes hold something more in them, pity? No, he looked elated at whatever Nick had told him; whatever was said, he was clearly bewildered about but the more he seemed to think on it, he seemed almost cheerful about it, what are they hiding from everyone?

"Coulson will be here in a few hours, also Steve?" Steve looks at Tony "I'll have Sam and Wanda go with you on this mission, seems it will be heavy fire" everyone nods but are still slightly perplexed by Tony Stark.

"Whatever Fury told Tony must be good" Wanda begins you nod in agreement "we could all use good news, considering" she sighs and so do you, despite it being a few months ago, almost a year since Pietro's death it was still fresh in everyone's mind; especially Wanda and Clint's, although he hasn't said a word about it since the incident.

"Wanda all I am going to say is" Aaron starts "I'm here, I'm still hanging with the cast, I'm still talking to Marvel; planning Pietro's future in their universe, if this Universe is anything like mine... well, something may happen" Wanda frowned,