Chapter XIV

Nayeli's POV:

"You haven't even looked at me," my dad whispered sadly. I scoffed, well what did he expect? I looked up at him and gave him the "I-wonder-why" sarcastic look.

"Honey, can we please try to move past that?" He was pleading.

I immediately felt like I shouldn't move past it so soon. It's too soon. He hasn't even made up for it, but in a way, maybe this was him trying to. Melinda's words came racing back into my mind which made me think that maybe she was right.

"I guess we can try. ..Try." I peered up at him again and noticed a small smile.

"Let's enjoy the rest of our breakfast then."

"Ditto." I smiled. Hopefully, this'll lead to something better.

"Hey! How was breakfast?" My mother greeted us as we entered the house. However, she attacked my dad with a really long kiss. I stared with a disgusted look on my face. After some 3,000 years, my mother pulled away and opened her eyes.

"What?" She smirked, "You do the same thing."

"Yeah, but I'm 18 not 40." I stuck my tongue out childishly. Then something in my mind clicked.

"Weren't you mad at dad just last night?" I questioned.

"Well..yeah, but we talked things over," she smirked, "plus, we had some great make-up se-"

"Mom!!" I cut her off. I get her point. No details necessary. I ran up the stairs and looked through my phone.

I texted Niall and called Nick.

"Hey, are you okay?" He finally answered.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"If you need anything, just don't hesitate to call me, okay, babe?"

I giggled nervously, he sounded so cute when he was concerned.

"Okay."

"I gotta go, but remember what I said. I'll see you after school."

"See ya." I hung up and decided to take a walk. Then I remembered, I had school too!

"Mom?!" I ran downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Yes, dear?"

Why has she been acting so nice since dad got here? It's super weird.

"Where's my teacher?" I asked. I had almost forgot it was Wednesday.

"He called in sick. He said he'll make up for it tomorrow." She explained.

"Okay, cool. See you later." Yes! No teacher. No worries. Hakuna matata.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I was walking away from her.

"Ohh... You know." I chuckled, wiggling my eyebrows.

"No, I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" She replied, annoyed.

"I'm just gonna go take a walk."

She remained silent for a while, "Well...be careful."

I nodded and made my way to the door. In all honesty, I did not know what I was gonna do. I really needed friends.

"What would you like, miss?" The employee asked.

"Can I get a French vanilla cappuccino with a pump of caramel?"

"Sure thing."

I smiled back and then payed. Finally sitting down at a table, I let my mind wander and may have been unconscious. It feels like it's been so long since I went to The Restaurant and I haven't sang! Oh my God. Singing is my life and I haven't done that. Which means I no longer have a life!