The Lion King 2

I don't know where my mind went.

The first thing I remember; I felt, came later.

I was still on top of the bed freaking out over what had just happened.

Too terrified to look at what he had done, I didn't know what it read.

I was bleeding considerably. The pillow was against my chest, covering what he had done.

I pretended it hadn't happened.

I was curled up in a ball, trying to escape.

I saw the stuffed lion on the floor, the one I had been cruel to earlier. He was as much a prisoner as me. Too scared to even move, I eventually worked up enough courage and picked up the lion.

I hugged him into the pillow.

'I'm sorry, Lion.'

He forgave me.

I put us under the blanket so we could be even smaller.

When I was a little girl, I'd hide in the closet and wind up a music figurine of another little girl who spun around as -'Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head', chimed.

I hummed the tune to Lion.

Went someplace else.

I heard a click, click, click as Daddy came home and I felt my mind click towards something important.

I knew what to do.

I closed my eyes and began to create friends to take the place of those I was so desperate not to lose.

The loved ones I didn't want to bring into the monsters house.

I liked the robe, it was proxy for my quiet blanket at home.

I had gotten off on the wrong foot with Lion; he wasn't the same as my Lion at home, but we were over that now and had become tight.

There was my soft comfort of denial who I called pillow.

And of course, there was my heavenly Father. He never leaves my side, no matter what depth of darkness I am cast into.

I wasn't alone like I first thought.

I began to pray and eventually fell asleep beneath the blanket with Lion King 2 hugging me through the pillow.

'Underneath the bridge

The tarp has sprung a leak

And the animals I've trapped

Have all become my pets

And I'm living off of grass

And the drippings from the ceiling

But it's ok to eat Fish

'Cause they don't have any feelings.'

~Nirvana