Thranduil Part 2

Previously

I stood up and grabbed the child before I hid behind a pillar as two guards rounded the corner.

"Hey! Where did he go?"

Thranduil's POV

I covered the child's mouth as the guards began to search the room.

The guards searched frantically. I felt a small wooden hand being pressed into my hand and I looked down. The little girl held a small elvish dagger but it acted as a sword due to her size. I held a similar blade.

I places the girl on the floor, picking up a rock I threw it a few feet from me

I places the girl on the floor, picking up a rock I threw it a few feet from me. It clattered to the floor.

"What was that?"

As soon as one of the guards came around the one side of the pillar to investigate, I threw my dagger with deadly accuracy and it imbedded itself in his neck. He fell limply to the ground.

Hearing a body fall, the second guard whipped around. Upon seeing the lifeless figure of his companion on the floor he gasped.

"Sephonar!" He cried in alarm.

I moved from my cover of the pillar and stepped I to his view. He turned around ran. He never made it to the door as the girls dagger met its mark.

Walking over to the dead guards I removed the daggers and handed back the blades to the little girl who slipped into into their sheaths.

I picked up one of the guards fallen swords and tested its weight. It was a little unbalanced big I could still work with it.

"Let's go."

We opened the door and ran into the hallway. Looking around I turned to the girl.

"Go to the Dungeons. You will find your friends in the cells closest to the cellar. Release them and flee. I, King Thranduil of Mirkwood, hereby give you permission to exit my kingdom. My the Valar be in your favor." I said as I bowed my head in respect.

I watched as the girl watched me for a bit before she disappeared around the corner.

I turned my head slightly to the side as I picked up the sound of fast approaching footsteps. Hiding inside a doorframe I waited.

Once the elf was near, I jumped out and leveled my sword at the elfs neck only to have the tip of a blade pressed at my neck.

"Gail síla erin lû e-govaned 'wîn, Mellonin!" I said in greeting.

[a star shines on the hour of our meeting my friend.]

"Suil! King Thranduil. I heard you are in need of my aid." Lord Elrond said

I gave him a look of confusion as I removed my sword from his neck as he did the same.

"Legolas sent word. He informed me that you had been captured and that he felt as though the newly instructed king was behind it. He sent for me." Elrond explained

I smiled. I knew my little green leaf would figure it out.

"Lómëanor, my right hand advisors son. He is the newly appointed king. He seems to think that the Necromancer will allow him to live along side him while the world burns. He was the one who captured me."

"My army stands just beyond your borders. Shall I call for them?" Elrond asked

I nodded.

Lómëanor can't hide from me forever.

Sorry for the short chapter. I will post again tomorrow. ~ Horseshoe