PART 1

Mumbai

After their midnight birthday celebrations, the elders went off to sleep. Shekhar Sharma and Shobita Sharma in their own apartment, where as Rudra's parents, Shakti Singhania and Pinky Singhania went off to the adjacent apartment.

The Sharmas and Singhanias have been neighbours for over twenty years, and this was the main reason for the strong bond of friendship, they shared with each other.

When they became neighbours, Gauri and Rudra were small kids, both were two years old. Gauri and Rudra were of the same age and their birthdays fell on consecutive dates, Rudra's being one day older than her.

Shobita gave birth to Bhavya, two years later. Gauri and Rudra, both of whom were four year olds then, had delightedly taken care of Bhavya, ever since.

Rudra and Gauri had been best friends since they met each other, and they shared a very special bond. Their character traits were really similar to each other, mostly due to their consecutive birthdays. Gauri and Rudra had always been in the same class, while they were in school. And they even joined the same course at college, only because they enjoyed each other's company.

Each and every person in their apartment complex, school and college, appreciated and secretly envied the special bond of friendship these two shared.

Even Bhavya felt left out during those moments when all the three were together. Bhavya had her own set of friends, since she was younger to them. But still, she too envied the relationship between Gauri and Rudra.

Now, after the elders went away, Bhavya and Rudra sat down on Gauri's bed.

Bh:(excitedly) Gauri, did you like our surprise..?

Gauri looked at both of them and pouted sadly.

Ga: Nooo...It wasn't great..!

Ru: (irritatedly) Liar..!!

Bh: (shocked) Really, Gauri..??

Ga: (slowly)I mean to say..It wasn't great..(grins widely)Ha ha..But superb, awesome, fantastic..!!

Bh: (smiles) Gaurii..you are such a drama queen..! (hugs her tightly)

Ru: You know what, Gauri..(chomping on his cake piece) I had selected the cake for you..Red velvet pastry..I know you just love them the most, now-a-days..(winks and offers her a bite)

Ga: I know..(takes a bite and then smiles naughtily) And yesterday night, for your birthday, who selected that Black currant pastry cake..I did..!! Because I knew that it has become your favourite right now..And last year, I chose Black forest pastry for you..Remember..I knew you loved it then..

Ru:(excitedly) Of course..And yours was Chocolate pastry..Which I had selected especially for you..!

Ga: (smiles wide) Hmm..You always know about my favourites, Rudra..You are the best..!

Bhavya's eyes darted to and fro between them, like she was watching a tennis match, as they talked with each other.

Bh: (helplessly shouts) Oh God..Even I am here..And don't you people forget that I also did so much to make your birthdays special, ok..!!

Gauri and Rudra looked at Bhavya with shocked faces and the next instant, both of them started to laugh seeing Bhavya's face.

Bh: Well..now you guys make fun of me..!(looks away feeling irritated)

Gauri and Rudra went to her either sides and put their arms around Bhavya's shoulders affectionately.

Ru & Ga: (happily)You are our princess, Bhavya..!