epilougue. (alternate ending)

"i used to believe in happy endings. i thought everyone's story ended in marriage and riding of into the sunset of a horse drawn carriage, just like in all the fairytales. where life would go as planned, we would get married, get a house in the city, hell, even have kids and grow old together. that's the way i wanted it. i'm sure he wanted it that way too."

"he told me, 'i don't care where life takes us, where we live, how much money we have, as long as i have you, and you're happy. that's just where i want to be.'  i laughed at him that day, because it sounded so sappy; it was something you'd hear in a movie. and i didn't take it seriously. what could make you happier than living a lush life of glitz and glamor, in a big house with a pool and tennis court, with maids and butlers and private chefs. i had the wrong idea. tom had the right mindset.

"i would rather live three more days with him with not a lot of cash, a small house in the suburbs, than a lifetime with a mansion and chefs and private jets. because it's not about how much money you have or what clothes you wear, its about who you're with.

"i am healing right now, and i will be for a while. i will eventually be happy again, and smile the way i did when i was with him. i will focus on the present, rather than trying to live in the past. i will keep his name alive, i will help people remember him and his life. i will be happy with him, even though he's not here right now."