18

georgia rose was more nervous for her show tonight than she normally was. singing and performing had come naturally to her, and on the stage is where she feels she belongs. she felt comfortable on stage; it felt like a second home. but tonight, the stage felt unfamiliar and strange to georgia. this was a different feeling for her, to feel so scared and unsure of what was going to happen. it didn't sit well with her.

as the brunette peeked out from the side of the stage, she saw him, sitting a few rows next to some more familiar faces. tom holland hadn't just come to her show, he came with the cast of avengers. more specifically, robert downey jr, sebastian stan and elizabeth olsen.

maisy, georgia's best friend since they were three years old, had conspired with tom to surprise georgia at her show tonight. when maisy found out, well more like read her texts, georgia refused to invite tom to her show, she took it amongst herself to invite him, get tickets and a backstage pass. she desperately wanted the two to become friends and possibly lovers again, because she knew how happy georgia was when she was with tom. she also knew georgia wanted to be back with tom, but she was unsure as to if he felt the same. but seeing tom had accepted the invite to her show, things were looking pretty great for the two of them.

"i cant believe you invited him, maisy! i didn't invite him for a reason! i didn't want him to hear my songs. i wanted to talk to him about what had happened and clear things up before i would invite him to a show! god, can you think about someone else besides yourself for once?!" georgia yelled in frustration at the blonde girl. she wasn't mad at maisy, she was taking out her emotions onto her best friend because she was so nervous and scared.

the pair of best friends stood silently staring at each other for a second, but it felt like eternity. georgia sighed, and opened her mouth to speak, but was cut off by the stage manager who spoke sternly, "georgia you're on in 10 seconds!" before she had a chance to apologize, she was ushered to the stage, and forced to plaster on a smile for the thousands of fans waiting to see her share her talent.

⋆✧✩✯✩✧⋆

"i hate to say this," georgia spoke into her microphone. "but i only have one song left." the crowd booed, obviously enjoying georgia's charismatic way of working the stage and making it her own.

"i know i know, it sucks!" the crowd cheered agreeing with her. "the last song i'm going to sing is called the good side. it was written about a relationship i had, and when it ended, i had gotten the better side of the breakup. i didn't have it so rough, i had music and song writing to turn to. my ex, on the other hand, got the shorter end of the stick." georgia paused, trying to find that one familiar face she had known so long ago. "this was also co-written by my best friend, auggie laurent, who is super duper talented and i can't thank him enough for writing this for me. um so here it goes." georgia's heart raced at a million miles per hour, she swore the crowd could hear it thump. as much as she didn't want tom to hear the song she had written, she knew it has to be done, for words could never explain what this song said.

"i got the good side of things,
left you with both of the rings..." georgia sang softly into the mic, closing her eyes and reminiscing on the time when she was with tom. all these memories of the two flowed back into her mind. all the times they'd facetime at 2:30 am, or how they'd catch a red eye flight just to see each other for a day. or all the times they'd laugh until they couldn't breathe. or the times georgia would have to leave back to la and wait three weeks to see tom again. she remembered the happiness and the heartbreak of their short time together. it was beautifully painful.

"i recognize and baby i apologize,
that i got the good side, the good side of things." as georgia sang these last words, she scanned the crowd for tom. the one familiar face, the only one she knew. these words meant so much to her, and she longed to say them to tom, she longed to say what this song said ever since their last phone call. it was like a sigh of relief to sing this song to the person it was about.

georgia was pulled out of her thoughts as the crowd of people erupted with applause. she grinned from ear to ear, knowing that these people had a genuinely good time watching her what she does best. georgia was overwhelmed with warm feelings.