15

Charlotte's POV:

Charlotte's POV:

"Thank you Sweets, for everything." I whisper to him, as we stand in front of my house later that day.

"Of course sweetheart." He leans down with a smile and softly kisses me, only for a few seconds, before pulling away. "Text me later?"

I nod. He winks before turning and walking back to his bike. A blush appears on my cheeks as I walk inside the house.

I'm so glad that I have Sweet Pea now. He doesn't care about my past, and he doesn't treat me like i'm a piece of glass...for the most part.

Betty and my mom act like i'm a child. Just because of my stupid anxiety. Which has gotten better by the way.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of my phone going off. I pull it out of my back pocket.

Archiekins🧡: hey, can we talk?

I suddenly feel nervous.

Why though? I never get nervous talking to Archie.
Maybe it's because of the fact that I now know he has a crush on me.

sure. where do you
wanna meet?

Archiekins🧡: just meet me outside your house. we can go for a walk.

okay:)

I take a deep breath before turning around and walking outside once again. I immediately spot Archie at the end of the sidewalk leading to my doorstep.

I give him a hug. "He's still doing okay right?"

After Sweets and I visited him in the hospital earlier, Archie stayed there, of course, while Sweet Pea and I went to grab dinner. We went to another local food place since Pop's is closed right now.

It's only been a couple hours since I saw Fred, but I wanted to make sure nothings changed.

He sighs against the top of my head. "He's better. A lot better."

I pull away and smile. "That's good."

He nods as we make our way down the sidewalk.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I question.

He kicks a rock along the pavement. "There's actually a couple things I wanted to say..." I nod, signaling for him to continue. "I just wanted to thank you, for what you did at Pop's. You know, when I just stood there doing absolutely nothing while my dad was dying...you helped him." He says the last part quietly.

A smile appears on my face. For some reason I thought he would be mad. I mean, his father almost died trying to protect me.

"Of course. He's like a father to me." I tell him.