"I'm sorry" he said and looked down.

"W-what do you mean you are s-sorry?" Zoe asked and I was already shaking my head, this can't be happening, no, this cannot be true.

"I'm sorry for your loss. We couldn't save her" he said and I ran on him, punching his chest repeatedly with my fist.

"No, no, no, no" I repeated, tears burning my eyes and cheeks.

Eventually my legs betrayed me, I got weak in my knees. I fell down on the cold floor. Doctor tried to catch me but I already was down. I heard people screaming and crying but I just looked at my hands on the floor.

This can't be happening.

I refuse to believe in this.

No.

This can't be true.

No.

She wouldn't leave me alone.

This is all my fault. If I only ran after her on time.

"NOOO!" I screamed again.

Third person P.O.V.

Everyone was sitting on their seats by now. No one talked much. Elena offered to bring people something to eat or drink but everyone refused. She looked at Sam sleeping in her chair, she was too tired, everything just tired her and everyone understood that.

Suddenly her body started shaking and everyone noticed that. Zoe was first on her feet to help her daughter-in-law, she already considered her as one.

"Nooo!" Sam screamed, her body still shaking and her forehead covered in sweat.

"Wake her up!" Elena said to no one in particular.

Zoe gently shook her shoulder trying to wake her up. Hailey was next to her daughter. She was worried, she knew her poor daughter's heart is breaking and she is somehow trying not to freak out, although she is dying inside.

Sam finally opened her eyes, panting for air.

"Honey calm down" Hailey said caressing her daughter's back.

Sam was now leaned forwards, her elbows on her knees and her hands in her hair. Tears running down her face. Tears of happiness and relief. But still that dream was so real, her heart arched...

"You should go to the restroom and freshen up" she added and Sam nodded.

She got up and almost immediately fell back but Zoe caught her.

"I'll go with you" Hailey said and Sam shook her head, already leaving "I'm fine mom"

Hailey was about to say something but Zoe put her hand over her shoulder "Don't worry, I'll go with her" she said and Hailey nodded.

Zoe smiled and followed Sam. She opened the door and saw Sam leaning on the sink.

"Do you feel better?" Zoe asked and Sam nodded.

"I have never been this happy to be woken up. It was so real" she said and looked at Zoe who looked so weak "I dreamed about-"

"It was just a bad dream" Zoe said "a nightmare" she knew what could make Sam feel like this, she didn't want to hear it, she didn't want to think about it and Sam respected that.

"Yeah" Sam said and gulped "just a bad dream"

They soon walked back and Elena brought Sam bottle of water and some cookies.

"Here" she said "you need to recover your energy"

Sam just took water and refused to eat anything. Mia and Elena were with her since that moment even though they were just trying to help she felt like they we're choking her.

She was sitting on her chair back again, her feet on chair as well, and she was hugging her knees. She was so lost again. She couldn't believe she actually feel asleep. She hated herself because of that.

After some time Willy came in the hospital. When Nikola saw him, he immediately got up.

"Can we talk in private" he asked and Nikola shook his head.

"You know you can tell whatever you want in front of them" Nikola said and Willy sighed and nodded.

"We found him" he said carefully watching Sam.

After staring in one spot for almost half an hour without moving or uttering a word, she jumped off her seat like she got burned.

"Who is it?" she asked walking closer to Willy.

Nikola put his hand over her shoulder. He knew how much she wanted revenge but he didn't want her to do anything stupid. He saw how much this girl loved his baby and he felt really proud of Dušica for picking girl like this. He wanted justice for his daughter and he is going to get it.

"Martin Lopez, 45, his wife died yesterday from overdose, and we found him dead in his apartment. It's big possibility he was high and drunk when he was driving. He overdosed as well" Willy said and looked anywhere else than Sam.

"He got what he deserved" she mumbled and went back to her seat.

It was weird but she felt bad. Not for him but because the fact she wasn't the one who took his life. Well not literally, she would never do something like that, but she would make his life a living hell.

Willy wanted to stay there for support and because he was worried about their girl. He wasn't the only one, everyone at home was freaking out waiting impatiently for news.

"Do you need anything?" He asked and everyone just shook their head. "Please call me if anything happen" he said to Nikola and he nodded with smile.

Mia's mom was talking with Zoe trying to relax her or something. Mia's head was on Elena's shoulder. She was so scared, she couldn't even think about losing her friend like this. She just thought how are Nikola and Zoe feeling. Their older daughter lose her life in a car accident and something like that happen to other, it would destroy them.

No one realized how much time passed, it passed slowly in agony, pain and suffer. Finally, after god knows what time door finally opened and doctor walked out. Everyone stood up and walked towards him and he smiled. HE SMILED!

"Surgery went well" he said and everyone wanted to hug him.

"Tell us what happened and how is she" Nikola said immediately.

"Well she had some serious head injuries, but thank god I don't think she will have amnesia, don't worry. But like you may know head injuries can also lead to skull fractures, hearing loss, and vision problems, but there is big possibility one of these could happen. She has four broken ribs. She is still in life danger and next 24 hours are crucial and we'll keep an eye on her" he said and everyone felt disappointed, they had so much hope and now when he said this, they just felt... everything all over again.

"Is she awake?" Mia asked.

"Oh no, she will need about 24 hours to wake up"

So you say she is in coma?" Someone else asked with gasp.

"I wouldn't call it that. It's just that her body needs to adapt and it's normal after an accident and surgery like this" he said calmly.

"Can we see her?" Sam asked immediately.

"We are moving her to the room and I guess only one person could see her but not more than 10 minutes. Her body is exhausted anyway" he informed and Sam's heart sank a little.

She knew it would be unfair for her to go do she just moved away from the others. Zoe and Nikola talked a little more with doctor, they were a little relieved but not for long. After doctor practically said their daughter's life is still in danger. When doctor said only one person could visit they looked at each other's and immediately knew what to do.

A/N: I know this is like super short but you guys made me do it so 🤷
Anyway, recently lot of you asked me why don't I write smut. Well first of all, I feel really uncomfortable even reading it yet writing it, and second if you wanna read or watch that, internet is like full of stuff like that but this is not one of them so please don't expect it here. Thank you!