Chap.16: Confrontation

I had choices,but I chose you. It was always you...

💘

***

Y/N's P.O.V.

When we entered the room,everyone was gathered around Taehyung's bed. Jiyeon's eyes were bloody red from crying as she stood at the corner of the room.

Taehyung's skin had gone paler than white snow and his body was shaking,cold sweat rolling down his skin. Jungkook walked to his brother and the doctors as I tried to console Jiyeon.

She hugged me tightly and didn't stop crying on my shoulder.It broke my heart to see her that way,I am sure that if Jungkook would have been in his place,I would have gone crazy from all the pain.I couldn't even imagine losing him.

"I can't live without him..."She said in between sobs, "If he doesn't make it.." I interrupted her before she could finish the sentence.

"Don't even think about that! Taehyung is strong and I'm sure he won't leave you. It'll be okay.." I caressed her hair as she continued crying.I glanced at Jungkook who was giving me worried looks.I really hoped this turned out well.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

"When are they injecting the medicine?" I asked Junghyun, who was walking back and forth near Taehyung's bed.

"I don't know, they're still checking his condition. We don't know if his body can take the medicine or not."

"Alpha!" One of the doctors called and we went to him. "There's no more time,we'll need to inject it or else we'll risk losing him."

"Do it!" My brother said without hesitation as the doctor grabbed the syringe and injected it into his arm. Everyone was waiting in silence and angst for the outcome.

For a couple of seconds,nothing happened.He was still pale as before and his heart rate was irregular.

Please...please make it work...we can't lose you too,Taehyung-ah...

Then,the miracle happened. His body slowly regain its original skin color and his heartbeat was going back to normality.

Taehyung immediately opened his eyes fully and stood in a sitting position,coughing a weird orange liquid mixed with blood stains here and there.

"What's happening to him? What's that?" Junghyun pointed at the liquid as the doctors examined it closer.

"It's the wolfsbane,Alpha.."They gave out a victorious smile, "It's coming out of his body."

I noticed Jiyeon's eyes widened as she quickly ran to Taehyung's side. Everyone started smiling in relief.

He continued coughing violently the poison as Jiyeon patted his back to calm him.

"It's almost over,baby...come on.."

Y/N walked to my side and squeezed my hand. I brought her closer to my body and kissed the top of her head. I could never imagine not having her by my side anymore. I lightly smiled at her.

"We did it,babe." She smiled back and sunk her head in my chest,hugging me tight.

"W-water...I n-need...w-water.." Taehyung could barely speak,but Jiyeon heard him and quickly grabbed the glass for him.