Chapter 11

It's been a few weeks since Drake told me about my parents. It all made sense when we all sat down and talked about it. An enemy of the packs, named Mountain Light, had tried to attack our territory and kill Drake, but Drake and his best fighters were able to take them down, without killing a huge mass of wolves. But the Alpha made one last threat as his injured wolves ran for their lives. He would kill Drake.

I'm laying on my bed, just waiting for Drake and Jer too finish their meeting. When Drake's gone, I feel this hopeless lonely cloud over my head. My heart aches and it makes me want to run back to him and stay in his arms forever.

Drake walks into our bedroom as I sniffle and am wiping a tear from my cheek. He walks up to me and quickly wipes the rest of my tears off my face and just holds me close. Sparks and fireworks are crackling all over as my body sits against his.

"What's wrong Angel?" he asks holding onto me tightly while resting his chin on my head. 

"Nothing, it's just that I miss you when you are gone and I don't really like that I'm being like this and Mya is laughing at me." I answer not moving from his embrace, I missed him so much today.

Of course I am laughing at you, you have been nothing but sulking and it's funny. But it'll get better after the heat is over. Well not directly after the heat but give it a month or so and you'll be fine and less of a mess. Girl, where are your tissues?

"I know baby I missed you too, its just the mate bond is strong right now." He says sighing.

"Mya was just saying it'll get better after my heat passes, what's a heat?" I ask moving my head so I could see him better.

"A heat is when a female wolf get uncontrollably...well, uh, turned on so to speak" He clears his throat and looks at the floor awkwardly.

"So what exactly happens?" 

"Maybe you should ask Mya more about that, she is probably laughing at me right now."

Hell yes I am Drake, You look like an awkward 16 year old virgin talking about sex. Not some big bad alpha. 

"Okay then I guess I will." I sit for a minute before deciding to get up and make myself a milkshake. 

As I'm in the kitchen Jer walks in and starts making a ton of different food, if I didn't know about the wolf-like hunger than I would've thought he was stoned out of his mind with the weird combinations he started loading on to his plate. 

What a shocker.

"So Jer, what is Drake planning for my parents, when they come and attack. I mean they're not only got a job to kill Drake but, Drake also has their daughter living with him, that's bound to get him in some more serious problems."

"All I can tell you, is that he will protect you, we all will. You are our future Luna, and you need to be protected. Like the heart is with its ribs, we are your ribs and you are our heart." He says almost sweetly. 

"That sounds weird.." I mumble to myself.

"Well it is the truth. As I'm sure your wolf and mate said you are our heart, you are the one to care for everyone of us, while Drake protects us and rules us. We respect your sacrifices for us and love that we can now call you part of the pack, and family." he smiles and eats a massive plate of food in a few bites at most.

"Will I be training to fight for the battle against my parents?" I ask the question that's been worrying me for the last few days.

"You'll be trained in case of an emergency but as a Luna you do not fight in the battle, all able body men fight the battles and wars, you will be as safe as possible, but your job is to protect the women and children that are seeking a safe place to go and hide." 

"So I won't be on the war grounds with you guys?" I say sitting down.

"We cannot risk losing our heart now can we?" Drake says from the doorway, smirking a little to himself before walking in and Gibbs slapping Jer in the back of the head.

"We need you to stay behind and always protect our own, so you won't just being trained in hand to hand combat but also on how to rule over the pack, for when I'm not here to be the alpha." 

"So when should I be expecting to learn all of this?" 

"We planned on letting you get settled in first!" Jer says drinking the last of my milkshake, earning a glare from me.

I nod and decide to get up and take a nap. Walking up to our room, I manage to see a strawberry blonde blur walking into Drake's room. I stop for a second before picking up my pace and entering his room ready for a fight. 

"WHERE IS HE?" A girl says as she stands in the middle of the room glaring at me. 

"Whoa, Drake?" I say a little taken back.

"YES DRAKE. IS HE HERE? OR ARE YOU JUST STUPID?" This crazybrained girl says staring at me with a grimace. 

"One, I'm not stupid, so don't talk like that to me. Two, who are you and three, why are you in Drake's room?" I ask getting really annoyed at her. 

"I don't know who you think you are, but I am the alphas sister, AND who are you? and I can be in here anytime I want!" She says huffing out at me before crossing her arms and looking like a pissed off toddler.

"I am Atty Stephens.." I say not really knowing to I should say, Hey I'm your brothers mate? sounds a bit weird for a first conversation for sure. 

"Lila, do you have to be so damn loud?" Drake says walking into the bedroom, glaring at her.

"Yes, its in my alpha sisterhood duties. Now who is this Atty girl that was rude to me?" She says still glaring a bit at me, I shrug it off and sit on the bed.

"She's my mate, sister."  He says as he goes through his closet collecting his training clothes. 

"THIS IS YOUR MATE?! SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL OHMYGOSH!!!" She says as she runs up and hugs me, all irritation on her face is wiped clean. 

"Hi" Okay yeah probably not the best way to introduce myself but okay, lets roll with it. 

She seems a little quirky, and crazy.

Tell me about it

Maybe she will make your first friend in the pack! 

SHHHHHHH!

She finally lets go of me and sits next to me, now glaring at her brother. 

"Okay, okay, I get it I'll leave. Angel, I'll be back in a few hours!" He says as he practically runs out of the room. Okay then. I hope this goes well...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, 

I know it's been awhile since i wrote but i promise I'm keeping up with it! It gets difficult some days to find the time to write but i promise i will not be gone longer than necessary! Hope you guys love this chapter and look forward to the likes, comments, and reads you guy contribute. Thank you for taking the time out and reading this!

~KatelynFreeman724