chapter 8

***

***

Revenge was sweet and tears were even sweeter. That day it was time for a liar to pay for her sins from the past. Dokyung was on her way to university and I was ready to become a bad person once again. I had my regrets from the time I attacked the second target, but I was determined to stay on this path of no return.

Is this what you really want?

I wasn't sure anymore. All I knew was that I was hurt by what happened. Really, really hurt and she didn't care at all. It wasn't even about what she did to me in the end. I truly thought that she was my best friend. I used to not have anyone, but I didn't care, because I had her and that was surely enough. Then it turned out that I was always alone and she never considered me her friend in the first place.

I was leaning against the railing that was above the university's lobby. I had a good view from there and my empty eyes were watching the students that were slowly piling in to the school. The first few already stopped to stare at my masterpiece that was covering the walls. It was full of pictures of Dokyung's old hating posts from her blog and next to them I added responses from her targets. Mine was in there somewhere too and I could hear the shocked gasps of the people that were reading the things that she wrote about us. I knew some girls frequented this university too and they didn't hesitate to grab a paper from the giant pile that I set up on a table under one of the walls covered in hate. I printed a bunch of copies of a new blog post and this time the target was no one else than Seok Dokyung.

A small smile curved my lips when I watched her walk in to the university. She was typing on her phone and she didn't even realise what was going on at first. Then she noticed the crowd of people and everyone began turning towards her and whispering too. They weren't laughing like the kids used to when she would write posts in the past, but the staring was still pretty bad. She was trying to stay calm, but I could tell by the look on her face that she was a little shaken and angry. She pushed someone out of the way to step closer to the paper covered walls and her eyes slowly grew wide in recognition.

I chuckled in amusement at the sight of her storming towards the pile of printed posts about her and screaming at people to get away. She was confused and angry and when someone giggled at her actions she finally snapped. '' You think you can judge me like I am one of you? Not in a million years! I will forever be better than all of you! ''

I had to actually hold back my laughter when she pulled a pink lighter from her purse, turned it on and carelessly tossed it on the pile of printed posts that were full of secrets about her. She was angry and she wasn't planning to start a full blow fire. Her eyes widened and she let out a scream when the paper and the whole table began to burn. The other students began to panic too, while the university guards tried to scream and calm every down.