2. Day 1

~~~~~

Tick.... Tock

Tick .... Tock

Tick ...... Tock

The sound of my clock infuriating me, grinding my teeth I took a deep breathe.

"So what exactly happened?" Tammy's voice broke into my thoughts.

I let out a groan and shut my eyes, forgetting she was here. She was the last person I wanted to be here right now. I rubbed my face, trying to contain the annoyance I felt she was going to ambush me with a million questions. And I am not looking forward to that.

"Nothing" I glanced at the clock 6:30. It has been over 12 hours since he walked out and I still haven't heard a thing, not a call or a text...Nothing.

"Right" She said and I could practically feel her rolling her eyes.

"I'm serious" I breathed out, stoping myself from grinding my teeth again.

"Mhm, that's why you keeping looking at the clock?" The smug tone in her voice had me on edge.

I didn't reply to that, I didn't want to. I didn't want to think about any of this. Standing there with my back to her I continued to work on my dinner.

"Do we have to talk about this?" I put the knife down and turned to face Tammy who was sitting down on a chair eating a popsicle. "And you going to ruin your appetite for your date"

Her eyes darkened at my statement and I braced myself for a fight. The same one we had countless times since she showed up at my house today.

"Speaking of which I can't believe I have to go on a date with him!"

I laughed turning back around and continuing to chop the eggplants and moved them to a bowl.

"What are you laughing at?" She spat "This is all your fault! You owe me!"

"Oh stop being a drama queen, it's one date!"

"With Howden!"

"He's not the devil Tammy! Relax"

"Relax? He's so much worse!" Her surprise was evident.

"Why because he's been after you for the past 2 years? Or is is it because you secretly want him? But for some god damn reason refuse to be with him."

Her eyes widened, her mouth fell open and she looked at me in shock.

"No" She replied regrouping her self, while walking away from me. "No never"

"Right" I couldn't stop the grin on my face.

"Shut up!"

"Mhm"

"Well I hope getting Tyler as a trainer was worth me going on this date"

I froze, the expression on my face giving me away.

"Oh" She threw her popsicle in the trash, her eyebrow raised as she assessed me. "Something happened didn't it?" A grin forming on her face as she watched my reaction. "What happened?"

"Nothing" I replied turning back around to continue cutting my vegetables.

"Oh it must have been good. Tell me now! What happened?"

"Nothing, he's just an ass"

"An ass?"

"Yeah a really big ass" I put down the knife and gripped the counter, thinking back to the way he treated me.