7. Day 8

"Faster Clover!"

His voice carried across the field from where he stood, watching me with a stop watch in hand, arms crossed across his chest with his legs spread out. The scowl he always wore on his face present.

I grit my teeth and breathed out through my nose, the laps he had me doing was killing me.

"I'm trying!"

"Not hard enough!" He spat anger laced in his voice.

"Jesus fucking christ Tyler what the fuck is wrong with you? Your being such an ass."

"Did I ask for you opinion Clover? Stop bitching and get moving!"

Bitting my lip i took a deep breathe and continued to run around the track, not increasing my pace like he asked me to. I could care less what he wanted at this point, his attitude just pissed me off.

"Stop."

Thank god.

Leaning down I rested my hands on my thighs and took in large breathes, trying to catch my breath.

"Are we done?" I asked once I was able to speak again. I had no idea why but he was running the session longer then normal today. I stood up straight and rotated my neck trying to get the kink out. He threw me a towel I wiped the sweat that was coming off my body.

Thank god it was supposed to rain today, the weather wasn't as hot as it normally is instead there was a cold breeze that soothed the heat I was feeling.

"No were not." He pointed toward the wooden shed. "Wall squats."

Letting out a groan I walked to where he was pointing dragging my feet behind me. I was exhausted.

"How long?" The question must have caught him off guard because he was staring at his watch. A frown formed on his face before he looked back toward me.

"30 mintures."

"Tyler!"

"No moaning go, you need to do this." He crossed his arms across his chest again and waited till I squatted down against the shed but I didn't.

"Why?"

He rubbed his face and let out a sign, his eyes not meeting mine.

"You ask to many questions. Can you just trust me and do what I say?"

"No" My response was immediate.

I thought he was going to argue with me say something but to my surprise he answered.

"I'm training you to be a runner and you want to increase your speed, build your endurance, and have the ability to tackle hills with a breeze, you need to have strong quads. Strengthening your thighs can also prevent injuries such as runner's knee, which common injury, for new runners. Your hired me now trust me."

I studied him for a moment and let out a sigh.

"Fine." I squatted against the shed spreading my legs apart and resting my hands on my thighs.

"Back straight." Pushing my head against the wall I straightened my back and watched him pull out his stopwatch.

"30 minutes on the clock."

Shutting my eyes I took deep breathes already starting to feel the burn in my legs.

"So how was your day?" I questioned need a distraction from the pain.

"Why do you care?"

"I'm curious jeez I have to stand against a wall for 30 minutes you can at least talk to me."