°3° [Keith]

Yesterday I learned a lot about how Valencia likes to learn. She likes things taught to her. Not at her. Which is what most teachers tend to do.

I don't want to be a typical tutor that is just a bore. I want to actually get to know her. I have to keep it at a certain level though.

It's not that Valencia is ugly or anything but I don't want to come off as a creep. I don't want her to think I'm only doing this to get her attention. Or attempt to be her therapist.

Anyways, after our cafe 'get to know you' session, I drove back home and began writing out a plan for tutoring Valencia. I want to start with Science. Her actual hard subject. After I did a little rough draft on how I was going to do it, I showered and just chilled in my room.

That was until my friends, Josiah, and Anuel walked into my room.

"Who let y'all in?" I asked letting my eyes open from the eye resting I was doing.

Anuel plopped himself into my beanbag chair. "Your fine a** mama." He said smirking then taking a bite into a sandwich that no one other than my mom probably made.

"Don't be complimenting my mama like that."

"Calm down, son. I know they say step-dads get no love, but I'm more than a step-dad. I'm your friend." He said passionately.

"Shut up, Anuel. Even if Keith mama was a cougar why would she go for your pinto bean a**?" Josiah said sitting in a chair.

"Why you gotta bring my dick into this?"

Pause.

I just stared at the wall but from the corner of my eye I say Josiah give Anuel the stankiest look which caused me to let out a low chuckle.

Did Anuel just expose himself? Man...

"... Ain't nobody say a damn thing about-" Josiah took a deep breath. "I was talking about you. You're the shortest of us all you f*cking pinto bean." Josiah pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Y'all ain't hear that then." Anuel shrugged off the fact he just let us know about his package.

We ignored what just happened, but then Josiah started talking.

"Hey, Keith. Me and Anuel finna go paintballin' Friday, you tryna go too, or nah?" Josiah looked at me for an answer.

I want to go, but I gotta take tutoring Valencia seriously. But at the same time...

"I might. And if I do, I'm bringing a friend."

Immediately smirks plastered on their faces. Josiah began to rub his ashy palms together Stevie J style. Anuel looked goofy as hell with the top row of his teeth showing and his dimples poking deeply.

"A friend, you say?" Josiah questioned.

"What other person do you have as friends, besides us? "

I let out a deep breath.

"Remember Junior year I signed up for that tutor program? Well I got in-"

"Of course you got in, you're smart as f*ck." Anuel interrupted me. "Me? I can't relate."

"We been knew yo' stupid a** can't relate." Josiah commented.

"Malparido-"

"I got in," I said loudly so they can shut up. "So now I am tutoring someone. But we just met so I want to get to know her a bit so it doesn't seem like, boring."

"Is she cute?"

"Well, yeah? She's Valencia Lowe."

"You gotta bring her dawg, if you don't, consider it canceled. I'll walk out quicker than Pumpkin did when she spit on New York, wit her nasty a**." Anuel said shaking his head.