7 - The Fireworks

Back at their room, Ohm was like a menacing tiger at an asylum. He laughed loudly one moment. Next minute, he was cursing. Then he would talk to himself and laugh even louder. He just couldn't keep still despite all the tiredness. Noh wanted to turn off the lights and hit the bed. Ohm was venting out his frustration. He kept saying, it was one big joke that someone was playing on him. It was too surreal. He hadn't met Mick yet but found his wife instead. He was in an unknown city and Mick was there at his concert. Mick, that #$^ guy needed a whack on the head for screwing up his peace of mind. Mick - he needed to find that guy so that he can personally deliver all the verbal assault he could think of.

'Noh, am going out there to look for Mick,' he said and before Noh could react, Ohm had shut the door. Noh ran after him, through the corridor, down the lift. Ohm was unstoppable. Noh was afraid to call out after Ohm, as he didn't want to cause an alarm. He saw Ohm disappear through the front entrance. Noh ran across the lobby to the surprise of the hotel staff. He smiled at them. 

Ohm was waiting at the curb for a cab he had called. Noh caught up with him. Noh was bending, hands on knees and panting. Ohm was breathless too but was stomping up and down, waiting impatiently for the cab to show up. They saw a car drive in which stopped 5 feet away from them. The headlights were still on and the driver didn't bother to switch it off. Ohm wondered if the driver could lend him the car for a while as the cab was taking forever. Noh followed. As Ohm neared the car, it backed away a bit. Ohm was surprised. The headlights switched off. Sitting at the driver's seat was Mick. Both of them were startled. Ohm came around to the driver's side and opened the door. Mick sat motionless, hands still on the wheel, ready to take off. Ohm bent down and unbuckled the seatbelt for Mick. Mick was too stunned to react. Noh was watching a drama unfold, in slow motion. Ohm pulled Mick out gently and when they stood face to face, Ohm hugged him. Mick didn't dare hug back but he knew Ohm could feel his heart race like a maniac behind his shirt. Ohm pulled him in closer and took a deep breath of Mick. He was complete. He was in a happy place right now. Mick had a faint smell of alcohol on him, but that was alright, according to Ohm. 

Noh came around and hugged Mick too! The most unexpected reunion in the strangest of places. Ohm gave Mick's car keys to the valet and took Mick's hands, pulling him into the lobby in full view of the hotel staff. Noh was close at heels. Noh put his arms around Mick to show they shared a close camaraderie. They walked silently to the lift bay. Noh remained outside and didn't get into the lift. He didn't want to be a part of the stifling silence in such a tight space. Once inside, Mick shook off Ohm's hands that was still tightly holding onto his wrist. 

Ohm broke the ice, 'Mick - I have no words to express how sorry I am for the past and how happy I am right now, to find you. I seriously didn't expect us to meet this way. I don't know if you would still believe me but - I never stopped loving you, not even once, despite your absence, I never stopped loving you!' 

Mick turned to Ohm and said, 'Ohm, I am here with my wife celebrating our 6th anniversary.'

'I met her already. Mary.' Ohm surprised Mick this time. 'We found her crying at the parking lot of the concert venue because she said you had disappeared. So is this a part of the 6th anniversary celebration package?' Ohm was turning a little nasty with that last comment. 

'How we celebrate our Anniversary is really none of your concern. Besides, you're not married so what would you know?' Mick was slowly turning hostile. 

'Right, what would I know of a 6 year marriage where the husband leaves a wife in the middle of the concert and drives off to drink alone in a bar?' Ohm retorted.

Mick was about to reply when the door opened on the 15th floor and Ohm dragged Mick out of the lift and pushed him into their room. Mick's strength and show of protest didn't bother Ohm. He was still the strong guy. Their lips locked as soon as the door clicked close. All that bitterness in the lift vanished as Ohm drew blood from Mick's swollen lips. Mick closed his eyes and in that passionate moment fuelled by Ohm's aggressive assault, Mick kissed Ohm back. Their years of separation had not lessened their love for each other nor had it diminished their yearning. This was their moment of liberation and there was no holding back! They knocked the lamp over, they tore at the sheets, they fell over each other, devouring every cell on their body that sizzled with a scorching desire like never before. Nope, Mary didn't make Mick feel this way ever. Nope, no girls had made Ohm feel this way ever. They lay spent but wide awake!

Their first encounter was fireworks right from the start, climaxing at a point of no return. They needed to talk, and talk peacefully. No more sarcastic remarks or jabbing at each other with insults. Ohm turned to face Mick and in the softest, gentlest tone called out his name, 'Mick'. Mick didn't look at Ohm but responded, 'I know.'  Then silence. Ohm slowly put his arms around Mick and pulled him in closer. Mick didn't protest. They lay hugging each other in silence and in deep thoughts. It was clear to them but they just didn't want to discuss anything further. They wanted that silence to answer the questions in their heads. They wanted to savor this moment and soak in the chemistry that they had just shared. It was an incredible feeling that they hadn't felt in the longest time. 

Noh didn't bother the two but booked another room next door. He knew they needed the space tonight. Mick had grown more handsome and taller too. He wasn't the meek Mick who fainted on the school field during their band try-outs. Noh was happy they met but there was a small discomfort that tugged at his conscious too. He wanted to call Phun to update him but it was too early in the morning. He needed his rest after all the excitement after the concert. He missed Phun.