Uniting Sentiments

"I'll admit, I'm not that great at expressing myself," Lying side by side at the edge of the sand, Aqua had wrapped her arms around her right leg, as her left rested straight out, her heel barely missing the water from the oncoming waves. Nyce was sitting the same way, unintentionally yet unconsciously copying her posture.

"But I have to say, ... thanks for going through the trouble to meet with me, Nyce."

She's glad? She is! The two have been discussing minor topics at the beginning of their chat, mainly ranging from small talks, such as likes and dislikes, to stopping short of any deep conversations, resting at light personal experiences. But even without learning more deep secrets, the two were comfortable with each other's company.

"So you're saying, that I'm now part of your group of friends, and going to be another one of your memories you'll cherish forever?"

"Yes, as much as it pains me to say it, with your antics," She took in a deep breath, before continuing, "I'm grateful to have met you, and I would love for us to be good friends," She made sure to keep her voice audible as she finished her entire sentence, but she still mentally prepared herself to counter a moment of his smug nature.

"Oh ... well thanks, Aqua. I really appreciate you having the courage to say something like that," Instead, she looked back to see Nyce, back to his flustered self. It was really refreshing to see him reacting to the events around him, instead of being the actor all of the time.

"Hmm. I was really expecting you to act conceited, as if you planned my response from the beginning."

"Hey come now, Aqua," Nyce's playful attitude made another resurgence, as if he could ever hope to pass by such a rare chance, "I mean, I don't really think that I'm a conceited wise-guy on a 24/7 basis."

"Do you want me to find you a mirror?" Aqua's delivery came equipped with a deadpan expression. However, she was stunned, when Nyce snorted, before letting his own laughter ring out, completely the opposite reaction she was expecting.

"Wow!" Nyce began laughing so hysterically, that Aqua felt as if she was hanging out with someone entirely different than before, "Where was that attitude when I first met you, young lady?"

Aqua couldn't help but join in his giggling, "Well, when you hang out with an equally smug colleague, you start to build and pick-up some retorts on your own. I just haven't had the chance to use them in a while."

The two shared together in their laughs, as if they were long time friends. However, the jovial atmosphere began to die down, when Aqua knew that Nyce was just a recent friend, unlike the ones she knew. Slowly her mood grew solemn, yet still maintained her smile.

"It's been a while, since I had someone like Terra to match wits against, or someone to share in my laughter," Her smile began to fade, as she recollected the tender moments, locked deep in her heart, only unearthed so shortly before, Yes, that bright smile, his boisterous personality ...

"I remember him clearly, so clearly now, so earnestly... "

Truth be told, Aqua had hoped their conversations wouldn't pass the threshold of inner emotions. Yet, they have already surged in that long-forgotten memory, and they were thoroughly unwilling to just simply return to becoming docile again. They needed some form of release, and she needed to understand her situation, having left the thought in the back of her mind, as she battled the endless heartless of the realm. But the feeling would've too bright for her to face alone, until now.

"You can't help escape from the Realm of Darkness after all, ... can you?"

" ... No, I can't save you right now ... and I'm very sorry for lying to you, Aqua, truly I am," his eyes fell to his legs, "I have my own rules I need to follow. I can't interfere too much with this universe; otherwise, I may end up causing more damage than I can fix."