The Encounter

The Realm of Darkness is a void in the midst of what's supposed to be an otherwise cheerful and bright universe, presenting a cold and unforgiving shadow. The constant arrival and travel of nightmarish creatures, the sordid and suffocating atmosphere, and the complete lack of any time would make just about anyone go insane here. Yet, there remains one resident, who has stunned all odds and continued to live in such isolated conditions.

Alone in the middle of the realm, a keyblade master continues her trek across the vast dimension, coming from behind the rocks scattered across a darkened beach, where the faint light of a false moon only serves to make the shadows more intimidating. But what's even more intimidating, aside from the crashing waves, were the audible footsteps, coming from that knight. The heartless would think twice about fighting after hearing those footsteps, that is, if their hazy bodies had hearts to begin with. The palpable tread of that warrior caused anything within an earshot to feel those metallic boots, pushing apart the ground with each step, across loose sand no less. And as those footsteps grew louder, the beaches would've been cleared of the faint of heart.

Her name is Aqua. She looked fine just by appearance alone, her halter top and corset were void of any tears or damage, while her violet double straps still remained firm, holding the silver badge in the middle of her chest with an obvious shine against the shadows. Her segmented armor and boots looked practically brand new. Without any outside context, anybody could have assumed she is an Angelic Warrior, sent to the Realm of Darkness to cleanse the dimension of evil. However, context would reveal a much more troubled and stressed scenario, fermenting on her shoulders.

To keep her mind preoccupied, she scoured the vastness of the realm, looking for anyone in need, a vow she had made to herself, since she surrendered her chance to escape the realm, in the name of someone else. But from what she could see from her eyes, this region is another desolate wasteland, just like the rest. Unfortunately by now, she was internally imploring to find someone in need, someone new, like that cloaked figure she met before. He gave off a much different atmosphere to the dreariness of the realm. It was an ambience of overflowing power and defiance, and anybody could have felt a different energy coming from the man's spot on the beach, sort of like the beach she's in right now, towards the rocky hill she's ... walking to.

Something is off, Taking a cautionary survey of her surroundings, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The scenery ahead of her was barren sand, while her left was blocked off by an outline of boulders, and her right was flanked by the endless waters, But ... this part of the realm feels different, almost foreign. Could it be ... someone? ... No, She spun herself around in a circle, looking for anything out of place, an ambush of some kind, It feels as if something has found its way in here.

"I'm glad you noticed me, but you were right on your first guess, so no need to be alarmed," A catalyst of a voice plunged the area's vibe into an eerily lax composure, as if there was a beach party, in the middle of the lightless night. Hearing such a light-hearted and carefree voice behind her, the warrior spun on a dime to face her mysterious contact, "Although, if you were looking for one of your old companions, then I'm sorry to disappoint you," Just ahead of her was a rather young-looking man, shrugging his shoulders, "But I think I can make it up to you, if you give me the chance."

Aqua was off-put, and admittedly flattered, by how her new acquaintance bowed in front of her, as if she was royalty. Nonetheless, she snapped herself out of her stupor with a serious relegation, as she instinctively readied herself for a fight, "Who are you traveler? I haven't met anyone quite like you before, let alone in a place like this."

Is he so cheerful, because I'm supposed to know him? I don't recognize him, and he doesn't look like someone I've even run into, When the man got up from his bow, she tried to find any resemblance.