Narissa Durincop Visits

I woke to a dark shadow passing in front of me. Alfie must have put me in a spare room or something. I pulled back the covers which were literally falling apart. there were bits of stuffing coming out of several tears in the duvet and the pillow was like a DIY kit pillow that hadn't been constructed yet. the pillow case was a long piece of material because the seams had come unstitched and the actual pillow was falling apart more than the duvet. it was literally a piece of fabric and some stuffing in two separate pieces. The spring of the mattress were digging uncomfortably in my back because there were holes in the mattress so the springs had decided to pop up in random places, out of the mattress. I climbed out of the bed and my legs immediately turned to jelly and I collapsed in a heap. I stumbled over to the fireplace and grabbed the poker from the grate and one of the ornamental swords from the wall just in case. I hobbled towards the door and turned the old brass knob. The door swung open easily and I pushed it open carefully. I stepped out into the hallway and was thankful that the feeling had returned to my legs. I made my way down the corridor and found myself at a set of stairs with an old railing with the white paint flaking off.  The moon shone through the windows casting an eerie glow on the stairs. I crept down them carefully but they creaked anyway. I heard shuffling behind me and I turned to see a large russet wolf staring me in the face. I let out a cry but it was muffled by a slender hand covering my mouth. the wolf had transformed and a startled looking Amber stood before me. I frowned at her and she grabbed my hand, dragging me back down the corridor. She turned into a small room with a burning fire and I gasped as I saw what was happening. We quickly hid under the bed so we wouldn't be seen.

There was a window next to us that took up most of the wall, the door was to out right and a fire was burning in the fireplace next to the bed. the head end of the bed was against the wall with the door in it and the foot of the bed was facing the window. A dresser ran alongside the wall with the door but the wall in front of us was bare. that was where they were

A woman in a long black cloak was standing in the room. she was facing the bare wall when we snuck in then just as we were sliding under the bed she turned to face the fire. She faced the fire  talking as two hideous creature held a struggling Alex to the bare wall by his arms. Alex's feet kicked aimlessly in mid air. The woman continued to speak and then she stopped and clicked her fingers. One of the monsters drew a hand back and punched Alex, hard, in the stomach. I could hear the thump then Alex slumped against the ground, coughing blood. The two creatures had let him go. They looked like normal human beings but they had slits for eyes and fur growing in unusual places on their body. they were only wearing jeans so you could see their inhumanly hairy bodies and the claws growing out of their hands and feet. They had pointed ears and horns growing out of their heads. in stead of noses they had horrible black snouts almost hidden in the bushy forest growing on their faces. The woman turned around with lightening speed and grabbed Alex under the chin and lifted him off the floor. Alex grasped her hand and let out choking breaths.

"Narissa, please!" he rasped.

"You betrayed me," she replied, squeezing harder, "I thought I could trust you, brother," she snarled. Then she threw him to the floor and began to walk away. Alex brought his hands up to his throught and tried to breath.

"You have five days or next time I won't let go," She snapped, glancing over her shoulder. then she walked straight past us in her super high heels and clopped off down the corridor, her two henchmen trailing after. Amber looked over at me then we ran over to Alex.

He coughed up more blood and looked up at Amber. He stroked her beautiful ginger hair out of her eyes and smiled. Amber blushed. I felt a wave of jealousy rush over me. He slipped a hand behind her head and moved to kiss her. Amber's eyelashes fluttered and she closed her eyes leaning forward. before their lips met I did the unthinkable. I don't know why I did or how I learned to do it in the first place but I felt my hand snap out and karate chop him in the neck, knocking him out. I lifted up his limp body and told Amber, very matter-of-factly, that we had to leave. She gave me a knowing smirk and ran off to find Alfie and his pack.