Layla: "Uh, yes, definitely." I said, giving him a firm handshake as I snapped out of my daze.

Naoto: "Please have a seat." he said, gesturing to one of the two beige lounge chairs that paralleled the coffee table where I had put my things.

I quickly and uncomfortably made my way to the seat.

'Holy hell. What should I do? Run.' I contemplated. "Don't run, that's stupid. Calm down, Layla.' I thought, taking up my notepad, pen, and recorder.

I glanced up at him quickly and noticed Naoto wasn't fazed at all. He just sat back in his chair, waiting for the interview to start. Like we were complete strangers. Somehow this made me more anxious.

'Does he not remember me? Did last night even happen? Was I so drunk I imagine I kissed him last night?' I thought.

My last thought left a warm feeling across my lips when I thought of the kiss.

'No. That felt too real to be my imagination.' I thought, folding my lips in. I cleared my throat then tucked my hair behind my ears trying, to refocus.

I opened my book to a page I had jotted down a few questions I was going to ask the representative from Studio Seven.

Layla: "I'm sorry if I seemed a bit off." I said, trying to mask my unexplained flustered reaction to him. "I thought I was meeting a representative of your company so a few of my questions are going to have to be reworked a bit."

Naoto: "That's fine. I'm guessing you didn't get my last email?"

Layla: "No, I didn't. Actually, the first day I landed in Japan my laptop was stolen, so I haven't been able to read anyone's emails." I said in a slightly irked tone. "Let me guess you sent me an email letting me know you would be meeting me instead of a representative."

He slowly nodded his head.

Naoto: "It's a good thing I didn't change the time or place. We would definitely not have had this interview. Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your laptop."

Layla: "It's alright. There's no time to cry over spilt milk. We have an interview to do. Are you ready?"

Naoto: "Yes." he said, straightening up.

'Here we go, Layla. You got this. You're a freaking professional after all.' I thought, psyching myself up for this interview.

Layla: "Great. Let's begin." I said, starting my recorder.

Our interview was great. We looked through his collection as Naoto explained the inspiration behind it. The interview lasted for 45 minutes. Naoto answered all my questions upfront. He seemed like a man that doesn't mince words. I admired that. Usually, designers tend to over talk about themselves or overcomplicate their explanations about their designs and the inspiration for them. Naoto wasn't like that. He painted a clear picture of his brand and its goals. I was able to jot down a quick write up while we talked a bit more.

Naoto: "Oh, wow, already almost finished your article?" he said, leaning in to look at my notes.

Layla: "Oh no, not at all. It still needs some finessing."

Naoto: "I see." he nodded.

After a brief pause in the conversation, I spoke again.

Layla: "Naoto, I must say you have quite an impressive resume. Your a designer, a pop icon, and an actor. You're basically a triple threat."

Naoto: " I appreciate your praises, but I'm not all that." he smiled.

Layla: "Apparently, you are. The only thing that would push you over the edge is if you could juggle." I said jokingly.