x. Falling for Quidditch

Chapter TenFalling for Quidditch

Chapter Ten
Falling for Quidditch

✰✰✰✰

Fred and George anxiously ate the platter of waffles before them. Nova glanced up as their chewing became louder and louder, until she snapped.

"Stop chewing so loudly!"

Fred swallowed and said, "We can't help it!"

George nods. "Are we suppose to be this nervous before a match?"

Nova raised an eyebrow at the worried expressions across their faces. Today was the first Quidditch match of the season and to make it even better, the game was against their longtime rival, Slytherin.

"You guys will be fine. Just try to aim for the Slytherins and not any of your own teammates," Nova shrugged innocently. She pushed her empty bowl of oatmeal away and finished the last of her water. "So finish eating because the match starts soon."

The two quickly finished their breakfast and then returned to the Gryffindor tower to get ready for the match. Nova met them again in the locker room.

"You got here just in time for Ollie's speech," Nova commented with a caustic smile, knowing how annoyed they and everyone on the Gryffindor team would be when his speech was over. Nova had been listening to the speech since October because Oliver Wood needed someone to listen to him rehearse.

"Morning Nova," Harry greeted her when he walked in and took a seat on the bench beside him.

"Nervous, Harry?" She asked when she saw him slowly bounce his leg in anticipation. He looked at her and gulped, "A little."

"You should be," Nova said with a wide smile.

Harry's heart raced. Looking away, he decided to keep quiet than ask for advice knowing Nova wasn't the best person to ask. He needed something to calm his nerves. Unfortunately for him, Oliver Wood's speech hasn't been very much help to him or the rest of the Gryffindor team.

"Nova, as always you got the chasers. Angelina, Katie, you have her back and she has yours," Oliver said to the three girls. Nova smiled at them and they grinned back. Over the practices, the three had gotten even closer than they already were. It also helped that the three had been dorm mates and good friends before they made the team. Now, it seemed their three attack strategy was unbeatable. "Alright let's head out."

Oliver led the team out of the locker room to the quidditch tower. Fred and George walked behind Nova, breathing in heavily as they marched towards the starting gate. They reached it and stopped behind a closed double door. Nova turned to look at the twins behind her and said, "Good luck, brats."