-29-

-Y/N's POV-

I step out of the cop car with Hank, Connor wasn't assigned the case we're on. It's a few days after Christmas and the snow from the holiday has either melted or turned into a dark, grey slush. Hank sighs, wrapping his scarf around his neck and looking at the house in front of us, presumably a drug den, hopefully abandoned by any of it's former inhabitants or squatters. I step towards the house, the reason we'd been called to the scene was because of reports that vandals and druggies had been disturbing the peace, but looking around at the neighborhood i doubted this place ever saw much "peace".

Just down the street I could see a pair of hooded figures eyeing us, they were nervous about police presence, natural in areas like this one. I tugged my jacket up, not my uniform issued by CyberLife, it was a navy bomber with DPD in yellow on the back and the station emblem on the front.

"Come on." Hank said, he hated being sent out on menial jobs like this. I followed him towards the door where he knocked harshly,

"DPD!" He shouted gruffly. There was no answer, he knocked again while I moved towards the window. I peered in through the grime covered glass, no sign of life really. No blankets on the floor, no furniture, the fireplace was empty.

"I don't see anything Hank." I say.

"Yeah, at least not in the front room." Hank responds, trying the door handle. It's unlocked. He pushes it open and I follow him inside. The house is drafty, in pretty bad shape but untouched. I scan the whole first floor and there is no sign of any activity.

"I'm going to check upstairs." Hank says, I nod and keep looking around. I hear Hank's footfalls on the creaky stairs and hear him moving around above me. I'd feel more comfortable letting him go off alone if I had a gun. None of the androids had been issued them yet, there was a law stuck in the slow gears of the government that would allow androids serving in the police force to be armed but it hadn't passed yet, and no one was in a rush to arm us.

Just then I hear the front door slam shut, all my senses turn towards the sound. I carefully step toward the front room, a wall separating the kitchen, where I'm standing, and the front door, blocks my view.

"Y/N! What was that!?" Hank shouts, I can hear him coming towards the stairs.

"shit." i mutter under my breath, if I respond it will give away my position, if I don't Hank will come downstairs, but it's obvious what my choice is.

"Don't come downstairs Hank!" I shout, I try to pre-construct my plan of attack but with such little information it's hard to know what, where, or who the threat is. I hear shuffling from the main room, it sounds like they're headed towards me.

"The androids in here." I hear the voice of a man whisper.

-TWO THREATS IDENTIFIED-

I look around the kitchen for something useful but it completely empty.

"Y/N!? What do you mean don't come downstairs, I'm coming downstairs!" Hank shouts.

I hear another voice mutter "Fuck" to his partner and suddenly two men in black hoodies rush into the kitchen. I duck as one lunges towards me and grab him around the waist, flinging him into the cabinets on the wall which splinter and crack when he hits them. The other isn't so foolish, he's got a gun trained on me and it's not just a pistol. He's holding a shotgun, pointed straight for my thirium pump regulator and only a foot or two away. With that gun from that distance the bullet wouldn't just decimate my regulator, it would tear straight through me, and send me flying back into the wall, where he could easy pump off a few more shots. The man I'd thrown into the cabinets stands up and rushes behind his ally, pulling out a pistol. I can hear Hank coming down the stairs.