-4-

-Y/n's POV-

It's been a day or two since my altercation with Officer Reed, and the deviant problem has escalated to new heights. I had been reassigned to Lieutenant Anderson after Gavin's outburst, which was only better for me. Connor didn't seem too happy about it at first, but we have learned to coexist, even if there is the constant knowledge of my mission lingering between us. Hank and I on the other hand seemed to be getting along well, for a man who didn't like androids he seemed to tolerate me and Connor pretty well. 

We arrive to the scene of a recent Deviant Uprising, an Android had hacked into a news channel and broadcast a message across Detroit. When we arrive the building is swarming with officers. Hank, Connor and I begin to investigate. I'm headed towards the roof when I hear Connor's voice, only it's inside my head. He's broadcasting a call for help to me. I turn around and rush into the offices break room, where I had last seen him. His Thirium Pump Regulator has been ripped out and is lying on the floor, and his hand has been stabbed into the counter top. 

"What happened?" I ask, rushing towards his regulator. 

"NO! Follow the android that just escaped, he's deviant." He cries out. I pause, weighing my options. All my programming tells me to get the deviant at all costs, but something else is telling me to save Connor. 

-Connor's POV- 

I watch Y/n's LED flashing yellow as she questions the command I'd just given her, she didn't want to leave me here... no no she couldn't want anything, she's just a machine. But then she is running towards the regulator and coming up to me.

"You're ok Connor, you're ok. Ready?" She says, her voice shaky... no... why would she be nervous, why would she be worried? She takes my shoulder and lines up the pump regulator before locking it in. I inhale sharply but quickly re-stabilize, 

"GO! I'm fine, go!" I yell, she glances at the knife and must decide I can handle that myself because she turns and runs out, I rip the knife out of my palm and follow. 

When I enter the hall the Deviant has taken an agents gun, a high caliber, fully automatic weapon. If he shoots everyone in this place will die. I pause in my mind and examine my options. I could save Hank, rush the deviant, or take the officer's gun from beside me. I quickly pull it from it's holster and shoot, at the same time I see y/n rush in front of Hank. The Deviant falls to it's knees. 

"Nice shot." Hank says to me, before looking at y/n. Her LED circles yellow, Hank smiles and nods as a thank you but Y/N brushes it off, acting like she hadn't just risked her life to make sure he would be alright, even if her memory could be uploaded, it was a selfless act, and it went against her programming and her mission. I knew that because as I had paused and decided which choice to make I had felt the same twinge to jump in front of my friend, and I had known what it meant. 

** Hey guys, short chapter IK, sorry. I've literally just been cranking these out all day. I hope you like the story so far, if you have any tips, preferences, opinions, really anything feel free to drop a comment! Alright that's it, hope you're all having a good day/night/morning!

-chillsushi aka Amy :D