7. Agony

~Lexi's P.O.V~
I hadn't left my room since I had come to the conclusion that Mason wasn't right for me. Even though I knew that I had yet to meet my imprint, it still hurt, knowing that Mason and I would never be the same together again.
I had texted him, asking him to come over so that we could talk. As of right on time, I heard rapid knocks on the door. I contemplated getting up and facing reality or just lying there like a wounded bird. My body was telling me just to lay there forever but my mind was telling me that the sooner I got this over with, the sooner I would be over him.
I got up and was in front of the door in the blink of an eye with my hand on the doorknob. I finally found the willpower to turn it and open the door. "Finally!" Mason exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation.
I glared at him. What was going on with him? Why was he being such a jerk lately? I shook my head. This was not my problem. I told myself. The only thing that concerned me was getting this over with. "Hey." I said softly motioning for him to come in. "Hi," he said shortly. "I don't have a lot of time, I have to go meet Mackenzie, we're going to the movies." I rolled my eyes.
I sat next to him as he sat on the couch. I opened my mouth, hesitating. "Well, spit it out." He said impatiently. I glared at him. "I'm breaking up with you." I said icily. He laughed. "Funny Lex but I seriously gotta go." He said, standing up.
I stood in front of him, blocking his way. "Do I look as if I'm joking? Because I thought I made myself pretty clear, did I not? Well in that case, let me rephrase it. I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore." I said angrily clenching my fists to stop them from shaking. He looked at me, shocked, all previous humor expelled from his face. "What? You can't do that." I rolled my eyes. "Yes I can and I just did. Thanks for coming by but now I think that you need to leave."
"I can't believe you! I kept trying to contact you for weeks! Weeks! And I got no response." He screeched. "Oh I apologize to your humongous ego that I was going through some things of my own!" I yelled at him. The stairs creaked behind me as I realized that Sam was coming down the stairs, probably from the yelling. "What's going on?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at Mason.
"Not much, but I do believe that Mason here was just leaving, weren't you?"
He looked between me and Sam, anger flickering in his eyes. "Yes I believe I was," He said cooly. "Goodbye Lexi." He said in a mocking tone as he shut the door behind him.
"What was-" Sam started but stopped as I ran upstairs crying.
I had lain in my room for hours, not moving from the same spot. How could he have been such a jerk and I hadn't noticed it before. I was so naive and desperate then. I decided.
I wiped the tears off of my face and looked in the mirror with disgust. What was I doing? Why was I crying over a jerk like him? Because you were in love with him. A voice inside my head spoke. No. I shook my head.
If I was actually in love with him and vice versa. He wouldn't have been such a jerk to me. I was done crying.