Layla: "What? I have no idea what you're talking about." I said, playing dumb.

Takanori: "Sure, you don't." he said, not convinced.

I smiled ear to ear, happy he chose not to pry. Instead, he got up and paced slowly back and forth at the bottom of the bed.

Takanori: "Either way, last night was pretty crazy for us both." he said, staring into mid-air.

I looked at him, wondering what may have happened to him last night that warranted the facial expression he made as he zoned out.

Takanori: "Anyways, last night just cements the fact that I need to keep you away from alcohol." He said, snapping back to reality.

I folded my lips in, unable to disagree with him.

Takanori: "You're a wild one. Everything was going pretty good until you started to make out with Katsuhiro." He said, sitting next to me.

Layla: "I never made out with Katsuhiro, I kissed Naoto." I said, refuting his comment.

Takanori: "AH HA!" He leapt off the bed and pointed at me. " SO IT WAS NAOTO YOU KISSED!" he said, still pointing at me.

Layla:*Gasp* "Oh, that was low." I said, appalled when I realized he had played me like a violin.

Takanori: "I'm low? You didn't want to tell me who you kissed. "he said, sounding slightly offended.

Layla: "Well, that's not something you just bring up in casual conversation. What was I supposed to say?" I said, somewhere between talking and yelling. "Hey Takanori, FYI, I just so happened to make out with one of your co-workers, but its no biggie tho, anyway, how's your morning going?" I said sarcastically.

Takanori: "You know what, that would have been great, actually." he said equally as sarcastic and loud. He sat down at the edge of the bed, backing me.

We both sat in silence for a while.

Takanori: "Was it even good?" he said, referring to me kissing Naoto. His voice teetered between jealous and uncertain.

Layla: "I'm not too sure. I barely remember it." I said, softly before I shrugged

Takanori: "Really?" he asked, still not turning his face in my direction. He sounded kind of relieved.

Layla: "Yeah." I answered, feeling a bit of hesitation in my chest.

I lied. I remembered every single moment of that kiss. How I kissed Naoto and how it felt when he kissed me. I felt kind of guilty for telling Takanori this little white lie, but this isn't anything to argue over. I will probably never see Naoto again anyways. It was just a kiss. Somehow I didn't feel like I will ever forget the way his lips felt against mine.

We sat again, silently waiting for the other to speak until Takanori's chuckle broke the silence in the room.

Takanori: "Did we just have our 'first lovers' quarrel'?" he smiled as he looked over his shoulder at me.

I giggled at his silly joke.

Layla: "We'd have to be lovers first, don't you think?" I winked at him.

Takanori: "That can be arranged," He slyly smiled. "Just tell me when your ready, doll," he said, kissing me on the cheek before he stood up.

I smiled.

Takanori: "So, do I have you all to myself today, or do you have to work?" he put his hands on his hips.

I thought for a bit until I remembered my schedule for the day.