Chapter 53

A/N: things are happening!

unrelated but what are your thoughts on the Kourtney and Kim feud? team Kourtney or team Kim?

(p.s. add this story to your lists to get update notifications!)

p.s.s next update at 40 votes (2 more to go y'all!)

_______________________________________________

Karen has made lots of sweets for us to eat. I eat a few while Karen and I discuss her love for baking. Liam doesn't join us in the dining room but it doesn't seem to cause any suspicion.

"I love baking as well, I am just no good at it" I tell her and she laughs.

"I would love to teach you, I am quite the baker." she boasts and I smile. Hope is evident in her brown eyes and I nod.

"That would be great" I don't have the heart to say no. I feel for her, she is really trying to make an effort to get to know me. She believes me to be Harry's boyfriend and I can't tell her otherwise. Harry has made no move to tell her or his father either, which gives me a swell of hope. I wish this night was how my life could always be, enjoying spending time with Harry, his eyes constantly meeting mine as I converse with his father and soon to be step-mother. He is being nice, for the last hour at least and his thumb rubs over my knuckles in a gentle gesture that gives me a constant string of butterflies. The rain continues to pour outside and the wind howls..

After we finish the desserts, Harry gets up from the table. I look at him questionably and he leans down to whisper in my ear.

"I will be right back, just going to the loo" he says and I smile. I watch him as he walks away and disappears down the hall.

"We both cannot thank you enough, it is so wonderful having Harry here, even if it's only one dinner" Karen says and Ken takes her hand above the table.

"She is right, it is wonderful as his father to see my only son in love. I father to see my only son in love. I had always worried he wouldn't be capable. he was an .. angry child." Ken mutters and looks at me.

He must notice how I shift uncomfortably in my seat. " I am sorry, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable, we just love to see him happy and in love" Happy? Love? I choke on my breath and break into a heap of coughs, the cool water in my glass slides down my throat, calming it and I look back at them. They think Harry is in love with me? It would be incredibly rude to laugh at them but they obviously don't know Harry.

Before I can respond Harry returns and I thank the heavens that I didn't have to respond to their sweet but false assumptions. He doesn't sit down, instead he stands behind me with his hands on the back of the chair.

"We really should get going, I have to take Louis back to the dorms" Harry tells them.

"Oh, don't be silly. You two should stay tonight. It is storming outside and we have plenty of room, right Ken?" She turns to her fiancee and he nods.

"Of course, you're both welcome to stay" He says and Harry looks at me. I want to stay to extend my time with Harry, especially when he is in such a good mood.

"I don't mind" I answer and try to make eye contact with Harry. I don't want to upset him by wanting to stay here any longer. His eyes are unreadable but he doesn't seem to be angry.

"Great! Then it's settled. I will show Louis to a room, unless you will be staying with Harry in his?" She asks, there is no accusation behind her voice, only kindness.

"No, I would like my own room please. If that is okay?" I ask and Harry glares at me. at me. So he wanted me in his room with him? The thought excites me but I don't feel comfortable with them knowing Harry and I are at that point yet. My snarky subconscious reminds me that we aren't dating at all, or even close to it. I'm in a relationship with someone who is not Harry, I ignore him as usual and follow Karen upstairs. Harry doesn't follow.