Sunflowers (Haley)

(Fluff) (Female Reader)

Photography had always been a hobby for Haley. It was something she genuinely enjoyed, and she was thinking about going into it professionally at some point. But recently, she's been stuck. Call it a slump if you will. She just couldn't find the right thing to photograph. Nothing seemed right, the lighting always seemed off, and she was never satisfied with how the pictures turned out. It was starting to get frustrating.

Today she was determined to fix her slump. She decided she would spend all day looking for the perfect thing to photograph, and she was determined to find it. But as the day carried on she was beginning to lose hope.

Eventually, her feet carried her to (F/N) Farms, home of the new farmer. Although she technically wasn't new anymore, she had been there a year and a half now. Haley had spoken to her on a few occasions but honestly didn't know much about her. She seemed nice enough.

Haley walked down the pathway, past the farmhouse, and onto the grounds. Her eyes scanning her surroundings, looking for something worthy enough to take a picture of. It was then she saw them and let out a small gasp. Big, bright, and beautiful.

Sunflowers.

Growing tall against the sky, Haley smiled at the sight. Sunflowers were one of her favorite things. 'This is it. The perfect thing to photograph.' She thought.

"Can I help you with something?" A friendly voice came from behind her. Whirling around, Haley found the farmer standing there with a helpful smile on her face. Haley almost winced at the state of the girl. Her hair was a disheveled mess with a straw hat placed on top. She was wearing a dark colored tank top with a (F/C) button up tied around her waist, dark jean shorts, and sturdy brown boots. All covered in dust and dirt. Her skin had a layer of sweat on it and Haley was sure there was dirt on her face.

"Um, no... I was just going to take a picture of the sunflowers." Haley responded, suddenly feeling very awkward. It didn't really occur to her until then that she was technically trespassing on this woman's property.

The farmer just laughed. "Be my guest." She gestured to the flowers. Haley mumbled a thank you and began looking for the perfect angle to capture the beauty of the plants. "You came at the right time, I was just about to pull them up to sell them." The girl said, placing her hands on her hips and gazing at the sunflowers with satisfaction. "I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best bunches I've grown here."

"You're going to sell them?" Haley questioned, surprised. Why wouldn't she want to keep them? Did she not like sunflowers?

"Yup, there's no point to keeping them around and letting them die here. Plus I could always use the cash to help expand the farm." She explained.

"Oh, I see." Haley said, snapping a few pictures.

"Would you like one?" The girl asked.

Haley almost dropped her camera at the offer. She could have one of these beautiful flowers? "Are you sure I can take one?"

"Absolutely, I'm sure it'd be going to a good home." The woman chirped. "Here, I'll get one for you." The farmer began digging up one of the plants before turning and holding it out to the blonde.

In that moment, Haley's heart pounded. Suddenly the girl before her wasn't messy or dirty. Her clothes weren't tacky, her hair wasn't tangled. She was a worker, and a hard one at that. Her clothes were worker's clothes, the dirt a sign of a job well done. Her hair swayed lightly in the breeze, her skin seemed to shimmer in the late afternoon sun. She was almost, "Beautiful..." Haley whispered out. "Can I take a picture of you?" She asked.

The girl looked surprised. "Of me?" Haley nodded. "Oh... Well I don't see why not." The farmer said, smiling again.

"Perfect!" Haley chirped. She reached out and positioned the farmer so that the light was hitting her just right and the sunflower wasn't casting a shadow on her face. Stepping back, Haley was satisfied. "Okay, now smile!" She said, looking through the camera's viewfinder. The girl flashed a pearly white grin.

Snap!