Chapter 1

( Percy )

Mom told me to swing by the house today, that she wanted to tell me something. I walk up the stairs in stead of using the elevator. Memories of Tartarus isn't going to let me go so easily. I use my spare key to get into the apartment.

" Mom, I'm here!"

" In the living room honey!"

I walk in to find mom and Paul on the sofa reading through a magazine, I couldn't see it clearly but it looked like houses. They looked up and smiled brightly at me. Paul stood up and clapped me on the shoulder, I towered over him by a few inches.

" Listen Percy, we have something to tell you. Now at first you may not like it, but try to understand."

I nod my head in understanding and sit opposite where my mom is.

Her bulging belly has kept her on either the bed or the sofa for the last few weeks. She tries to sit forward only to completely fail. I move over to where Paul sat previously and he takes my spot. Taking her on the small of her back to help her sit forward.

" Thanks Percy, ok this might come as a shock to you but we want to have a new start. This city .....it has too many memories. Also it is one of the monster hotspots and I know you want to get to know your baby sister. Ok so here goes...... we're moving to Australia."

I sit there shocked. I did not expect her to say that.

" ..and we want you to come with."

Ok that one I expected..... I sit there and ponder over it for a minute. Mom's right, a fresh start would be great, but what about camp and Annabeth.

Wait that's not a problem anymore, I facepalm. My mist traveling has improved a lot over the last few months. I could go to Australia and back within an hour.

" Okay mom I'll go with. I actually think it's a great idea. When are we leaving?"

"Well we were thinking next week. I just don't know how much we'll be able to take over."

I waved my hand in a don't worry about it manner

" Mom I could do one trip with all our stuff there, but I'll have to take a few hours nap there to gather enough strength to come back. I'm also guessing that I have to fly with you, otherwise the government will be suspicious of how I got there."

Paul gave me a look " Annabeth has rubbed off on you."

We all laughed at this.

"Speaking of my wise girl. I'll have to IM her to tell her about it."

I give my mom a kiss on the cheek and walk to the bathroom across from my room. Without so much as a thought the water flow out the tap and forms a mist.

" Oh Fleecy do me a solid and show me Annabeth Chase" The image shimmered and Annabeth appeared sitting at the lake thinking hard.

" Hey wise girl what you thinking so hard about? I'm sure whatever it is you'll figure it out."

She looks over at me only to find a tear in her eye, without even swiping my hand through the image I appear by her side. I try to wrap an arm around her, but she moves away. I look at her confused

" Why are you crying Annabeth? Isit something I did? Was it someone else?"

We lock eyes and I see fear in her eyes

" I'm scared Perce."

I cock my head " Scared of what?"

She shakes her head and looks away. After a few minutes of silence she speaks up.

" I'm scared of you, seaweed brain. I'm scared of how you'll react."

" Annabeth look at me. Now tell me what's wrong"

" Percy I'm breaking up with you. I know what you've done for me over the years. That you even fell into Tartarus to be with me. It's just I don't feel the same anymore. I'm so sorry Percy. I'm so so sorry."

She starts sobbing. She flinches when I move closer. I wrap my arms around her and pull her into my chest. She clenches my shirt into her hands and just hold on while she sobs. I rub circles on her back and don't say anything. Inside I'm having a battle with myself.

" You do so much.....for everyone....*sniffs* for me.....and this is how I repay you....*sniffs* ..by not loving you anymore.... you don't even ...do something wrong...I don't know what's wrong with me.. I'm the worst person ever."

I gently put my hand under her chin and make her look up at me

" Shhh wise girl. Don't worry about it. Sure it hurts, but I'll get over it. Don't ever say your a bad person. You're one of the most kind, beautiful and smart person I've ever met. The reason I contacted you was to tell you that I'm moving to Australia with mom and Paul. I'll still be here every now and then, you know mist travel. We can still be friends right?"

The tears have stopped flowing, she nods her head.

" Of course kelp head. We've known each other since we where twelve. Few things gonna break us apart. I just thought me breaking up with you would be one of those things."

I wipe a stray tear away with my thumb. She closed her eyes and I lean forward and brush my lips against hers softly. She opens her eyes to look into mine

" For old times sake. I gotta go start packing I'll see you around Annabeth" and with one last kiss on her forehead I mist travel back to my room.

I walk down the stairs finding mom and Paul in the kitchen starting to put unnecessary items into boxes. Mom turns around and looks me in the eyes. One tear slips down my face. She rushes over and wraps me in a tight hug, but not enough to hurt the baby.

I just hold on and let the tears flow not making a sound, not even a whimper.

" Oh baby, why does everything happen to you? Do you want to talk about it?"

I pull away and walk over to the sink and splash my face with water and drag a hand through my hair. All traces of crying gone

" Annabeth broke up with me. She said that she doesn't feel the same anymore. We broke it off on a good note, sort of. It just hurts mom. After everything I would think things would just settle down, but my life's never going to be normal is it? Maybe I shouldn't come with you to Australia.....I'll just ruin everything there anyway. No one is safe when I'm around."

I hang my head only to feel a sharp pain on my cheek, it doesn't hurt that much with the demigod pain tolerance and all. Me especially. My mom grabbs me by the shoulders

" Percy look at me. Don't ever say something like that ever again. I think Australia is an even better idea now."

I look up to see her smiling at me with determination in her eyes.

" Ok mom I'll start packing and preparing myself for the big haul there."

She stands on her toes and kiss me on the cheek. " Come Percy, your going to help us decide what house we want."

My head snaps in her direction, I answer immediately without hesitation.

" Beach house. I'm only going if we get a beach house." She laughs and leads me to the living room.

So what do you guys think? This good enough?